Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

one database driving multiple websites…. 

3firelegs

Total Posts:  30

I am looking for an ecommerce solution, with one database driving multiple webstores, and each webstore must be multilingual. I wonder if you can offer this? Also is 1and1.com a good candidate for hosting the webstores? Thank you all..... I was wondering if I should go with NetSuite but it costs at least $10,000 / year for two webstores, using one single backend database.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

You can run multiple stores in multiple languages using one DB with Magento out of the box.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mbooms

Total Posts:  16

i found some nice tutorials how to do this just yesterday as i set up the same thing you wanted yesterday…

i just cant seem to find them right now.. if you have any questions send me a PM

Magento Community
Magento Community

3firelegs

adimagento - 07 August 2008 02:05 PM

You can run multiple stores in multiple languages using one DB with Magento out of the box.

Thanks Adi. I am inclined towards Magento after comparing it with OSCommerce but I might need some professional assistance....

Now how is the mass inventory uploading function in Magento? I have close to 500,000 SKU records in Access databases ready to be loaded..... once this is set I think I can start testing Magento…

one-database-driving-multi-sites is my paramount concern; multi-lingual sites come second.  Other concerns I have.
http://docs.google.com/View?docID=dhkxbczk_35dxrrppgc&revision;=_latest&hgd;=1

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

See Resources -> Knowledge Base > Multi Shop - it’s all explained there.

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

@3firelegs - That is quite a list you have there, let’s get started:

I am searching for an affordable hosted multilingual shopping system. My requirements are: one database, feeding multiple websites; all websites are multilingual—the shopping interface language changes with one click of the mouse—needs a few languages implemented like yesAsia.com.

- this functionality is available.

I don’t want to lease servers and maintain the applications. I want a hosted turn-key solution.

- Sorry this is not a hosted solution at this time.

Here are answers to some of your other questions:

1. My webstore has a clientele spread across the globe. Does your solution fit this profile? - That is the nature of the internet.
2. Do you have a hosted e-shop solution? Not at this time.
3. Does it support multi-language interfaces?  Does it have a Chinese webstore interface? Like http://www.yesAsia.com and/or http://nl.israel-music.com/?  Yes.
4. What languages do you support?  Or can I configure an unlimited number of languages? You can see all available language packs ready for installation on Magento Connect > Languages.
5. Can customers choose what language interface they would like for shopping? Yes.
6. Does it support Unicode? Yes.
7. How much does it cost per month per user?  What’s my estimated total cost per month? There is no monthly cost. You can install it on your server for no charge.
8. How many SKU’s can I have? Unlimited.
9. Does it support data feeds to search sites such as Google Base?
10. Do you have a solution for an inventory of 200,000 to 300,000 SKU’s? Yes.
11. From the inventory pool, I want 60% of the SKUs to be published with one domain, and another 40% to be published with another domain. Is it possible with your solution? Depending on how you set up your shops.
12. Does it create Google Sitemap so my products are submitted to Google (besides Google Base)? Yes.
13. Do you support international credit card payment gateways (Visa , MasterCard, Amex, Discover)? Yes,
14. Do you support PayPal? Yes
15. Do you support Google Checkout? Yes
16. Does it support product catalog upload through an Excel spreadsheet? Yes.
17. For Memo database fields as long as 50,000 characters long, is it possible to batch upload the SKU records with a tab-delimited TXT file or via some other method?  Yes.
18. Does it support one-database driving multiple websites?  Some SKU records need to be implemented in more than one websites, while some SKUs are tied to one website only. Yes.
19. How sustainable are you? How is your company doing financially?  What is your growth strategy in the next 10 to 20 years?
20. Exit Strategy:
1. Can we export our inventory data, customer data, and transactional data with relations from our relational database, at any time? You will own this cart and control is on your own. The data stays with you at all times. You may export to another solution at any time.
2. In case we decide not to use your solution after some time period, will we be able to export all data created in history, in a single package? yes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

3firelegs

Thank you all. The community support is amazing here.

I have signed up with Crucial Web Hosting for a Magento solution account. 

Magento has been installed, and running. I now need to add a second store, but I am not a programmer.  As a business user I find it hard to figure out how to configure a second website (each website having its own store or stores, and each store having one or more views). 

I wonder if I can buy some consulting hours off of Varien, so the second website can be configured.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Skivers

Total Posts:  26

One question.

Can Magento support Multiple payment gateways on one installation?

For example if I set up 2 websites under the same installation -

US -> English
Paypal Websites Pro

EU -> English, French, German, Port, Spanish, Italian
Some other Euro taking gateway which I will custom integrate.

All help appreciated!

Magento Community
Magento Community

ilib

Total Posts:  49
Москва

I have two installations on different hosts with same SKUs. How to manage them from one location as Multi sites or multistore solution? Is that possible?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community