Magento Forum

Customise Adding to Shopping Cart

Web Man Walking

Total Posts:  18

When the user adds something to the Shopping Cart, I would like (only if its a certain product), additional questions to be asked and this info attached to the order somehow, is this possible, any advice would be great, thanks?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

I believe Magento 1.1’s Custom Options is the solution for you.

When you are editing the certain product, open tab “Custom Options” and add your fields.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lol

Total Posts:  68
Plymouth, UK

That’s very helpful Moshe. I tried it and it works just fine.

I need to be able to do something similar to this for a client. However, rather then have the customer enter order information for a specific product, I would like them to be able to enter order information that relates to the whole order during the checkout process. The ability to turn on a text entry area via System>Configuration>Checkout would seem an ideal way to do this. As this doesn’t exist yet, is there another way to do this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lol

Total Posts:  68
Plymouth, UK

Aha! Just found ‘Gift Message’ functionality in Mag ver. 1.1 under system>Config>Sales which is almost perfect. A little bit of hacking and I should have an ideal order info message box.

Magento is marveloso!

Magento Community
Magento Community

roshangmail

Total Posts:  29

when we add products to shoping cart from detail page does any one knows how it gets added to cart ??? its ok if the min sale quantity is 1 if we change the mim sale qunatity then?? there s problem can anyone tell me the form posting value while editing the add to product value from detail page???

Magento Community
Magento Community

Web Man Walking

Total Posts:  18

Moshe - 07 August 2008 01:35 PM

I believe Magento 1.1’s Custom Options is the solution for you.

When you are editing the certain product, open tab “Custom Options” and add your fields.

Thanks for the reply dude, looks like what I need.  Am I able to config this somewhere so that I can easilly apply it to any number of products?

E.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community