Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I interrupt the payment process between shopping cart and checkout? 

Lol

Total Posts:  68
Plymouth, UK

I need to interrupt the payment process between shopping cart and checkout if a customer has not met the minimum order requirement.

I can’t see how to do this with Shopping Cart Price Rules. I don’t think it’s possible which is a shame. If any one knows otherwise please could they let me know. Many thanks. smile

I need to ensure that when a customer attempts to ‘Proceed to Checkout’ without meeting the minimum order requirement that they are not taken to the Checkout page.

If I set up a minimum amount in the Pyment methods that I am offering, a customer has to get all the way to the Payment Information part of the process and are then presented with no payment choices! This is really not a good way to make a customer happy. If the customer then clicks on ‘Continue’ they are presented with a pop-up message as follows:

"Your order can not be completed at this time as there is no payment methods available for it."

I could probably find where that string is located and modify it to explain why the customer is unable to complete their purchase but it seems a pretty dumb way to go about it.

Any suggestions will be very gratefully received. TIA.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

See this thread: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/50220/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lol

Total Posts:  68
Plymouth, UK

Thanks Moshe. I missed that in 1.1. Now I just have to find out how hard it is to upgrade from 1.0.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community