Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Updating Picture files

stevie

Total Posts:  10

Hey all,

We are having a problem with getting magento to update the picture files for our site.  We did our inital load of the files into the import database and when I imported the product file everything matched up perfected i.e. we have pictures.

BUT, now I go on our server and update the picture file to a new picture and Magento continues to show the old one.

I have tried clearing cache etc…

Any other advice?

Thanks
S.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

stevie

Bump!  Is there something I am missing here?

Help
S.

Magento Community
Magento Community

edwardtilbury

Total Posts:  66
Las Vegas, Nevada

I don’t get how that cache thing works either…

When I manually add a product and upload pictures through the front end, it automatically sorta the pictures in a directory.

Like apple.jpg will go to a directory called a/p/apple.jpg ...  But when I add products with a .csv file using the /import directory the pictures have some funky url ,like /cacheeio2342iou34/apple.jpg

Why does this happen?  Are we doing something wrong?  Maybe this is what we need to figure out before we can solve this problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

somesid

Total Posts:  83

Try deleting /media/catalog/product/cache, should be the folder where the resized pictures are. If it isn’t the right one, just look for cache folder in /media/

Magento Community
Magento Community

stevie

Thanks for the advice...I deleted every cache folder in every media file on my server..it did not change :(

Any other advice?

S.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stevie

bump...anyone else have an idea on how to remove the old pics?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community