I think it would be better if it would be the last thumbnail in the row and it would start on mouse over.
Less click = better
Having it in a separate tab (1 click) and having it to be clicked to start (1 click) equals into 2 clicks.
I think most people put 1 or 2 but not more than 3 pictures of their product. The product details page is set in a way that there is room for 4 pictures under the preview. So putting the video on the last picture is good enough.
How do people know its a video?
1. once the mouse over they notice that the video starts (video should start buffering once details page is loaded)
2. The word “Video” should be crossover the preview. This should be an option.
I believe that a video feature is very important since visualizing a product gives not only more opportunities to the seller to sell his product, it also makes it easier to present the product. The video feature will probably be something everyone gonna use since.
Besides that, less clicks are better. i would suggest the following features and functionality
1. preview of the video should be the last picture preview.
2. Video should start buffering right when the details page has be called/opend (I noticed what you said AW, but this is the perfect scenario)
3. Video should have a static Picture preview. This preview should be visible in the small thumbnail preview are as of the place the video would run. The Video picture presentation should show in the main area as long as the video is buffering.
4. Video should be in flash format, this way developers have the possibility to run animations and other forms of presentations.
5. I think the video should run by default and while it is buffering a preview picture should show.
6. all thumbnails and video should start running by mouse over (AW, i know what you gonna say, but again, this would be the perfect situation)
7. there should be an option to run a MP3 instead of a video. This feature is for people who dont whant to shoot a video and a simple voice recording does the job for them.
Hi Guys, I am using the video extension, I just did a small change, I moved the video call from the “Additional Information” to the product page, I changed the atrribute
to not be visible on the product page and created a div in the view.phtml of the product:
<div class="product_video"><?php echo $_product->getaw_video() ?></div>
This works fine in Firefox but in Internet explorer it pops up an error msg that say the page cannot be opened and it takes me away from the page.
it seems that it doesnt work with one of Magneto’s Java Scripts
Molto nuovo qui, ma stiamo cercando di allontanarsi dalla nostra soluzione di carrello attuali a qualcosa di un po ‘più robusto.
Ci saranno un sacco di cose che abbiamo bisogno di avere sviluppato per le nostre esigenze, ma è uno di questi video.
Nel nostro carrello attuale abbiamo un campo del database che si collega alla video. Se questo script vede il link si visualizza un’immagine.
I looked, and it doesn’t appear that the website you posted is Magento. What you are talking about is completely re-designing the product display page and adding jquery into the mix of things. Jquery will work for both the image slider and the video tab.