Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Proper developer documentation please - no, not phpdoc! 

Core

Total Posts:  68

Some decent developer documentation would be nice.

Trudging through source code for days on end is no fun and not productive.
I’ve asked several dozen questions and barely gotten a single response....

I’m on the edge of dumping magento altogether.  Without proper docs in the payment module area it gets a big thumbs down! 

I can’t use Magento in NZ because the bank enforces PCI DSS compliance, which means using a hosted payments page, but there is no implementation available.  I’m part way through writing one but have hit a brick wall.  It seems rediculous that Varian seem like they only answering questions to people who pay money for support - and I can understand that in a way.  But then its people like me who want to extend magento and in doing so we’d have more people able to use it.

In short, I’m utterly fed up!  please spend the time writing some proper docs.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

roberterlinger

Total Posts:  3
Vienna

You can use my generated Magento API Documentation (generated with Doxygen): http://docs.databyte.at/magento/community/1.5/

BR,
Robert

Magento Community
Magento Community

marksanborn

Total Posts:  1

We understand your pain, which is why we have developed a quick start guide to developing Magento extensions.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community