Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Edit the shipping price on an order? 

bmartus

Total Posts:  128
Greenville, TX

Im on 1.2.1.1 with a few custom add-ons and got an error when calling isVirtual() in Shipping.php .. but I got around that by adding in getTypeInstance() in there ..

$item->getProduct()->getTypeInstance()->isVirtual()

Once I do that, it still loads the form.phtml not the form_custom.phtml in the extension… any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Total Posts:  633
Bakersfield, CA

This extension is built upon and tested with 1.3.2.1.  I’m not sure how I could get it to work with your version without breaking compatibility with newer versions at the same time.  I think the only way you’ll be able to use this is by following the instructions here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/14264/P30/#t144829

You’ve already highlighted the changes in Shipping.php between the 2 versions.  The reason form_custom.phtml isn’t loading is pretty simple. In /app/design/adminhtml/default/default/layout/sales.xml, there were some massive changes and additions in the newer versions of Magento.  I’m not sure exactly which version those changes came about, but I would guess it happened in 1.3.0.  My file indust_customshippingrate.xml in the same folder simply builds upon sales.xml in order to load form_custom.phtml instead of form.phtml.  I do this so I don’t have to touch any core files.  The problem is that the parts I’m extending in sales.xml don’t even exist in your version.

If anyone has any ideas on how I could make this extension compatible with older versions without breaking newer versions, I’m all ears.  Otherwise, compatibility will likely be set to 1.3.0+ when I release it on Magento Connect.

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Bakersfield, CA

I just checked, and the changes to Magento that are necessary to make this work were introduced in version 1.3.2.  So that will be the minimum version required in order to install the extension.  Anyone with a version earlier than that will have to make the changes by hand as posted in the thread.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bmartus

Total Posts:  128
Greenville, TX

i960 - 17 June 2009 12:41 PM

I just checked, and the changes to Magento that are necessary to make this work were introduced in version 1.3.2.  So that will be the minimum version required in order to install the extension.  Anyone with a version earlier than that will have to make the changes by hand as posted in the thread.

I figured it was a compatability issue .. we really need to upgrade, but .. lots to do, little time to do it.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Bakersfield, CA

bmartus - 17 June 2009 01:36 PM

i960 - 17 June 2009 12:41 PM

I figured it was a compatability issue .. we really need to upgrade, but .. lots to do, little time to do it.

Thanks!

I hear ya on that.  I haven’t launched my store yet, so I have the luxury of being able to update as soon as a new version is released and test it like crazy to make sure it works.  When I finally go live, I’m sure I will be a few versions behind at all times just to see how the new versions work for other people.

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Bakersfield, CA

Has anyone else tried it with good results?  I’m getting ready to post the extension but I’d like to be sure.

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Bakersfield, CA

Extension is uploaded to Magento Connect and awaiting approval.  I hope I did it right.  LOL I used normal BBCode to mark up the description, so I hope that’s how you’re supposed to do it.  There weren’t any instructions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magnus_AA

Total Posts:  9

I hav tried your extension with mixed results. The extension itself seems to work fine, but the 1.3.2.1 Magento has a nasty bug ( http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=6427 ) that does not allow admin to edit orders placed by unregistered customers. So for the time being I will try your other solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Bakersfield, CA

Magnus_AA - 22 June 2009 01:02 AM

I hav tried your extension with mixed results. The extension itself seems to work fine, but the 1.3.2.1 Magento has a nasty bug ( http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=6427 ) that does not allow admin to edit orders placed by unregistered customers. So for the time being I will try your other solution.

Yeah, I can see that bug being a problem if you are trying to edit an existing order.  Hopefully it gets fixed.

I personally have no use for editing existing orders placed on the front end and don’t really intend the extension to be used in that way.  It’s really best for creating new orders in the backend, such as for phone orders.  In my store, I have put up a notice during checkout that if they need expedited shipping rates or live outside of the 48 contiguous states in the US, then they should call to place the order.  From there, our sales guy can see the customers shopping cart, and finish the order with a custom shipping rate for areas we don’t normally ship to.  This extension is perfect for that.

BTW, it’s actually possible to install the extension I uploaded to Magento Connect before it gets approved.  I tried it out and it works.  Use this for the extension key: ‘magento-community/Indust_CustomShippingRate’

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Bakersfield, CA

Still waiting for the extension to be approved.  Does it normally take this long?

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Bakersfield, CA

Extension is live.  Check it out here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/1477/admin-custom-shipping-rate

I guess you can’t use BBCode in the descriptions, so I had to clear a bunch of that out.  I don’t know how people are marking up their descriptions.  Surely they can’t be allowing straight HTML, but maybe they are… I don’t know.

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Bakersfield, CA

Yup, they allow regular HTML.  Interesting.

Magento Community
Magento Community

davedavedave

Total Posts:  238

Thanks for all your help on this i960, it’s really an asset to the program.

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Bakersfield, CA

No prob. grin I needed this thing for my own store anyway.  I figured, why not share with the community?  Certainly doesn’t hurt.

Magento Community
Magento Community

narusegawajung

Total Posts:  3

i interested your custom but i want edit shipping price in view order page because click EDIT and order status will be canceled
please introduce me
thank you

sry my english

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community