Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 14 of 15
Edit the shipping price on an order? 

xYcLoNe

Total Posts:  31

Hi,

I’ve installed this module but it seems that the entered rate is automatically taxed.. the grandtotal looks ok with the computation in cart info but when i submit the order and view in sales order info. the grandtotal is less than the tax of the custom shipping..
ex:
ORDER TOTAL (Cart Info)
Subtotal:  162.00
Cus Shipping: 7.0
Tax:  11.6
Grandtotal:  169.0

Vs.

ORDER TOTAL (Sales Order Info)
Cus Shipping: 6.54
Tax:  11.03
Grandtotal:  168.54

anyone can help? tnx..

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

xYcLoNe

** deleted double post..

Magento Community
Magento Community

xYcLoNe

** deleted double post..

Magento Community
Magento Community

myxml777

Total Posts:  8

Installed from Magento Connect on 1.6. I\\\\\\\’m only using table rate and free shipping. This extension worked straight out of the box to my surprise. Kudos to i960 for such an EXCELLENT contribution to the community!!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageAustralia

Total Posts:  37
Sydney, Australia

xYcLoNe - 28 July 2011 09:44 AM

Hi,

I’ve installed this module but it seems that the entered rate is automatically taxed.. the grandtotal looks ok with the computation in cart info but when i submit the order and view in sales order info. the grandtotal is less than the tax of the custom shipping..
ex:
ORDER TOTAL (Cart Info)
Cus Shipping: 7.0
Tax:  11.6
Grandtotal:  169.0

Vs.

ORDER TOTAL (Sales Order Info)
Cus Shipping: 6.54
Tax:  11.03
Grandtotal:  168.54

anyone can help? tnx..

Exactly the same issue here with tax. If I do any form of modification to add that tax amount, some other calculation is thrown out. What’s interesting here is that the extension uses the same method calls as the:

app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote/Address/Total/Shipping.php

$this->_setAmount($amountPrice);
$this->_setBaseAmount($rate->getPrice());

And if you log these amounts in both the customExtension and the Core file, they both come back with IncTax values, so it’s completely baffling how / why ex. tax values end up being saved into the order itself.

Magento Community
Magento Community

d8bhatta

Total Posts:  44

@szotyi,

Good sharing about changing the shipping cost as per user input..Nice, very nice..

$address->setShippingAmount(YOUR_CUSTOM_AMOUNT);
$address->setBaseShippingAmount(YOUR_CUSTOM_AMOUNT);

Magento Community
Magento Community

scjunkies

Total Posts:  55
Houston, Texas, USA

Did anyone get this to work on CE 1.7?

Magento Community
Magento Community

davedavedave

Total Posts:  238

scjunkies - 04 September 2012 03:53 PM

Did anyone get this to work on CE 1.7?

I didn’t spend my time figuring it out, instead I just used this:

http://www.webshopapps.com/us/shipping/admin-based-shipping.html

It has worked perfect, exact same way as the extension in this thread.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rodimusprimal

Total Posts:  1

So I\’m reading these forums because I\’ve been tasked with a similar issue. What my site currently does is offer free shipping in the US but we want to give a quote and add admin side shipping to an invoice for international shipping. Can this be done?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Measuredhire

I would also like to know if this works for 1.7. (which Im using)
Ive loaded in the script (posted earlier by i960 - good work by the way!) which enables my choice of cost & description - works perfectly.....But I cant submit the order. I keep getting the error message \\\"Please specify a shipping method.\\\”
Has anyone else encountered this or has a fix please?

Magento Community
Magento Community

robin130

Total Posts:  4

For making this extension to work with version 1.7, You need to override one more important model class the service_quote (in Mage/sales/Model/Service/Quote.php in the config xml of the extension like

<rewrite>
   <
quote_address_total_shipping>Indust_CustomShippingRate_Model_Quote_Address_Total_Shipping</quote_address_total_shipping>
    <
service_quote>Indust_CustomShippingRate_Model_Service_Quote</service_quote>
</
rewrite>

and then copying the class from Mage directory to community/Indust/customShippingRate/Model/Service/Quote.php
edit the class name like

class Indust_CustomShippingRate_Model_Service_Quote extends Mage_Sales_Model_Service_Quote
then edit the function named _validate()

if (substr($method020)==\\\"custom-shipping-rate\\\"{

list($customShippingRate$customShippingDescription$customShippingCode) = explode(\\\":\\\"$method);

$rate str_replace(\\\"custom-shipping-rate\\\",\\\"\\\",$customShippingRate);

}

give this line after the line that says=>

$rate  $address->getShippingRateByCode($method);

Hope this will help somebody :D

Magento Community
Magento Community

kiran046

Total Posts:  12

It gives me message after Submiting order like \"Please specify a shipping method.\” The custom price apply successfuly but order is not saving.....

Magento Community
Magento Community

kiran046

Total Posts:  12

i960 - 31 March 2009 02:15 AM

This works very well for me, thank you.  cool smile In my case I only need the custom shipping rate for phone orders, so there is no need to cancel an existing order.

Just for the hell of it, I decided to spruce up the form a bit so it looks more “Magento like”.  The html may or may not be proper, but it looks good and works for me.  I’ve attached a screenshot of what it looks like.  To do this, you’ll want to place this code after the second <?php endforeach; ?>, which should be on line 62.  I prefer to have the custom shipping form be after all other shipping methods, but you can place it wherever you like.  I also changed “12345” to “custom-shipping”, so the other code should be changed accordingly if you do the same.

<dt><br/><hr/><br/></dt>
<
dd>
    <
p><strong><?php echo $this->__('Custom Shipping Rate:'); ?></strong>&nbsp;&nbsp;<input id="custom-shipment-method" type="text" style="width: 100px;" />&nbsp;&nbsp;<button id="custom-shipping-button" type="button" class="scalable " onclick="order.setShippingMethod('custom-shipping'+document.getElementById('custom-shipment-method').value)"><span>Save</span></button></p>
    <
ul class="messages">
        <
li class="notice-msg"><?php echo $this->__('Note: This will override any shipping method selected above.'); ?></li>
    </
ul>
</
dd>

Edit:  Looks like the code is wrapping to more than one line.  Everything between <p> and </p> should be on one line and the same with the <li> and </li>

Gives message like “Please specify a shipping method.”

Magento Community
Magento Community

generalgroup

Hi All,

we installed the module made by i960. Looks great. Only it is not working.
When editing / updating an order ik can enter Rate and Title, but it is not saved when i press the save button.

Who can help me with this issue or give me some hints to debug this. W use magento 1.5

thnx!

Magento Community
Magento Community

SHOPmages

Total Posts:  113
Poland

Hi. Please take a look and read about Extended Orders - which gives You option to edit orders/shipments/delete invoices and all things that are not available by default

Best Regards
Paul

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 14 of 15