Magento Forum

Edit the shipping price on an order? 

leozhang88

Total Posts:  10

i960 - 07 April 2010 11:17 AM

magFlags - 07 April 2010 01:22 AM
Hello,

your zip file does not work correct here with Magento 1.4.0.1.

First I forgot to set file permissions after installing your zip-file.
But after that I still have one problem:

The module does not update the order total section in the admin interface.
Also grand total is not updated after submitting the order.

So the invoice will be wrong.

It would be great, if you will find a solution for your next release.

Thank you very much for your great module!

Matthias

Please try the attached version. Tested with a fresh install of Magento 1.4.0.1. Thanks for pointing this issue out.

Hello , Can you make a extension directly?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Total Posts:  633
Bakersfield, CA

andymelichar - 09 April 2010 01:20 PM

On Magento 1.3.2.4 this does not update order totals either.

When I enter my rate, title and click “Save” the working box pops up for a moment, and then goes away. When I submit my order it says “Shipping method must be selected”

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andy

What version of the extension are you using?

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Bakersfield, CA

leozhang88 - 09 April 2010 07:13 PM

Hello , Can you make a extension directly?

Do you mean post it on Magento Connect? I can’t put version 1.4.1 of my extension on Magento Connect because it will break compatibility with people still using Magento 1.3. I’m trying to figure out how to make the extension compatible with both versions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Bakersfield, CA

New version 1.4.2 available. This one adds a version check so it will work in both Magento 1.3 and 1.4 at the same time. Other than that, it’s identical to older versions. If you are currently using a version that works then there is no reason to use this one. I did this so I can upload it to Magento Connect and allow people with either 1.3 or 1.4 to use it.

Tested and working on clean installs of the following Magento Versions:

Even though I’ve tested it, I would appreciate it if a few of you would test this out before I upload it to Magento Connect. If you do try it out, please let me know what version of Magento you tested on and if you find any issues.  Also note as stated before, this will ONLY work on Magento 1.3.2 and newer.

File Attachments
Indust_CustomShippingRate-1.4.2.zip  (File Size: 20KB - Downloads: 87)

Magento Community
Magento Community

andymelichar

Total Posts:  6

I was using 1.4.1.

I can now confirm that 1.4.2 worked for me on Magento 1.3.2.4

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Bakersfield, CA

andymelichar - 12 April 2010 10:43 AM

I was using 1.4.1.

I can now confirm that 1.4.2 worked for me on Magento 1.3.2.4

Yeah, that was the problem. Version 1.4.1 of my extension was meant for Magento 1.4+ only. For version 1.4.2 I added in compatibility for Magento 1.3.2+. I will probably release it officially on Magento Connect sometime this week if I don’t get any new bug reports.

Magento Community
Magento Community

icedieler

Total Posts:  3

well, it didn\’t work out for me. but i couldn\’t try it out with a completely new magento installation. i have magento 1.4.0.1 with some modules form the market ready germany extension. it gives me the following error report:

a:5:{i:0;s:153:\"Cannot send headers; headers already sent in D:\\Programme\\Xampp\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\app\\code\\community\\Indust\\CustomShippingRate\\Helper\\Data.php, line 1\";i:1;s:1327:\"#0 D:\\Programme\\Xampp\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\lib\\Zend\\Controller\\Response\\Abstract.php(148): Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->canSendHeaders(true)
#1 D:\\Programme\\Xampp\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\app\\code\\core\\Mage\\Adminhtml\\Controller\\Action.php(398): Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->setRedirect(\'http://192.168....\')
#2 D:\\Programme\\Xampp\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\app\\code\\core\\Mage\\Adminhtml\\controllers\\Sales\\Order\\CreateController.php(401): Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action->_redirect(\'*/*/\')
#3 D:\\Programme\\Xampp\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\app\\code\\core\\Mage\\Core\\Controller\\Varien\\Action.php(418): Mage_Adminhtml_Sales_Order_CreateController->saveAction()
#4 D:\\Programme\\Xampp\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\app\\code\\core\\Mage\\Core\\Controller\\Varien\\Router\\Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(\'save\')
#5 D:\\Programme\\Xampp\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\app\\code\\core\\Mage\\Core\\Controller\\Varien\\Front.php(177): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#6 D:\\Programme\\Xampp\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\app\\code\\core\\Mage\\Core\\Model\\App.php(304): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#7 D:\\Programme\\Xampp\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\app\\Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#8 D:\\Programme\\Xampp\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\index.php(78): Mage::run(\'\', \'store\')
#9 {main}\"
;s:3:\"url\";s:86:\"/magento/index.php/admin/sales_order_create/save/key/bc1e0def6a2dc58bf958a86644495b7b/\";s:11:\"script_name\";s:18:\"/magento/index.php\";s:4:\"skin\";s:5:\"admin\";}
funny thing is:
it creates the orders and lets me also print them (pdf). the error occurs right after clicking on \"submit order\”, so there seems to be a problem with the success message/page.

another problem, but i don\’t know if it has to do with your extension. i have just noticed that bug/feature that after installing your addon: somehow the shipping costs are affected. i have entered fixed costs of \"6,90 eur\”, but the frontend as well als manual backend orders display 5 / 6 eur as shipping (always -0,90 eur, doesn\’t seem to be a tax problem). after uninstalling your extension, i also ran the sql command you mentioned in your documentation for the 1.3 version. just to make sure, the bug isn\’t caused by your addon: no further sql commands have to be executed, even with the new version (after deleting all extension files)?

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Bakersfield, CA

Try the attached version and let me know if it works for you.

File Attachments
Indust_CustomShippingRate-1.4.3.zip  (File Size: 20KB - Downloads: 143)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magnus_AA

Total Posts:  9

I have tested this on three different shops, all 1,4,1

One functions perfect,
in the other the extension never shows up when editing an order,
in the third the extension resets the grant total to 0, but on save it reverts to the original shipping method and the grand total is restored.

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Bakersfield, CA

Have you tried version 1.4.3 of my extension? It should address those issues.

Magnus_AA - 15 April 2010 06:20 AM

I have tested this on three different shops, all 1,4,1

One functions perfect,
in the other the extension never shows up when editing an order,
in the third the extension resets the grant total to 0, but on save it reverts to the original shipping method and the grand total is restored.

Magento Community
Magento Community

icedieler

Total Posts:  3

hmmm ... strange bug occurs. the extension overrides some localizations (\"Bestellungen\" turn back to \"Orders\" as well as some other).

not only that. but after installing it, the orders are allocated to the wrong store views (i make all my orders in the \"German\" store view, after installing the extension, all orders are allocated to the \"English\" store view).

another thing i have noticed is even stranger. the extension shows up on the new order page, but after entering a special price for the product, it disappears, the whole shipping block disappears. after submitting the order, magento tells me to select a shipping method. magento saves the special price(s) for the product(s) and the shipping block reappears after the page has loaded again. only then i can complete the order.

i\’m planning to use your extension to manage rma. it could replace creating credit memos by creating a new order with a sum of 0 (normally magento always adds the shipping to the special price of 0 for which i need to create a credit memo).

but as i said, it might not be a problem with your extension itself, but a conflict with other extensions i have installed. lacking a local server, i can only test it on one remote test installation.

edit: ok, i have just recognized that the translation “bug” is not caused by this extension. also the storeview-bug seem to have occured long before we installed your extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cwpollock

Total Posts:  117
Rochester, NY

@i960

I installed 1.4.0.1 the other day and noticed the old version isn’t working.  I found your update here, but I want to confirm. 

You mention if I installed through magento connect that I should unistall first, then install these files.  Is there a way to check that?  I can’t remember which direction I went.  Thanks!

Chris

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Bakersfield, CA

cwpollock - 16 April 2010 03:12 AM

@i960

I installed 1.4.0.1 the other day and noticed the old version isn’t working.  I found your update here, but I want to confirm. 

You mention if I installed through magento connect that I should unistall first, then install these files.  Is there a way to check that?  I can’t remember which direction I went.  Thanks!

Chris

You should be able to copy the files right over the top of any previous version without issue. When I’m doing my testing though, I uninstall any versions I had installed through Magento Connect before copying the files, and clear the cache, just to be on the safe side.

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Bakersfield, CA

icedieler - 15 April 2010 11:58 PM

another thing i have noticed is even stranger. the extension shows up on the new order page, but after entering a special price for the product, it disappears, the whole shipping block disappears. after submitting the order, magento tells me to select a shipping method. magento saves the special price(s) for the product(s) and the shipping block reappears after the page has loaded again. only then i can complete the order.

I just went through the Market Ready Germany extension, and I don’t see any direct conflicts (such as extending the same core classes).  It’s still possible a conflict exists somewhere though. One way to know for sure is to install my extension first on a clean install of Magento. If it works for you, then that tells me there isn’t a bug in my extension. Then, one by one install your other extensions. When the problem arises, then you’ll know which extensions are conflicting. After that, remove my extension and see if the problem goes away. If it does, then there is a conflict somewhere and I can investigate it. If not, then the problem is a bug in another extension or a conflict with 2 other extensions not related to mine. I don’t have the time to do this kind of testing right now, but I might be able to over the weekend. I would need to know all of the extensions you have installed that you suspect might be causing a conflict.

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Bakersfield, CA

icedieler - 15 April 2010 11:58 PM

I did some preliminary testing, and I wanted to give you a heads up on what I found. I installed the Market ready Germany extension on Magento 1.3.2.4, plus 1.4.3 of my extension. I was not able to duplicate the issue with the shipping block disappearing.  However, I did notice the issue you mentioned earlier regarding the shipping price being incorrect when using Euro’s. This is a known issue and affects many other currency’s as well. The issues is caused when using a comma as the decimal separator instead of a period. For instance, if you type in “6.90” for the shipping price, it saves correctly. But if you type in “6,90”, it drops off the “,90”. I spent many many hours previously trying to figure out why the extension fails with some currency’s and not others, but did not find a solution. I’m going through some core Magento code right now to see how they handle different currency’s, and hopefully I will be able to find a good solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community