Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 15
Edit the shipping price on an order? 

kylewhat

Total Posts:  45

How do I do this?

We charge the actual shipping cost to our customers (and they pay by open account).  I need to edit the shipping prices in their order (sometimes higher, sometimes lower) than the quote generated by magento.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kylewhat

Total Posts:  45

The only way to do this that I know of is by changing it directly from the database.

The table name is sales_order

fields to change:

tax_amount (if you charge tax) + shipping_amount = grand_total

base_tax_amount + base_shipping_amount = base_grand_total

This is a pain in the ass by the way.

Magento Community
Magento Community

phazlett

Total Posts:  21
Celebration, FL

bump.

I really need to find a solution for this as well. We have no way to know the actual shipping weight ahead of time as multiple things can be shipped in a single package and the acutal weight of the shipping materials will vary.

We don’t want to put a generic handling charge in place to cover our costs but we so no other solution.

Help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

XPC Design

Total Posts:  40

I’m also needing a solution for this.

If anyone needs a reason, this current site I’m working on isn’t going to be offering any shipping because she can do it better manually, and there is also no Canada Post module either. Then she can just send the invoice with the exact amount on it to the customer.

Magento Community
Magento Community

XPC Design

There is a canada post module now, but we still wanna do it by hand to get perfect rates. Seems crazy, but an edit shipping feature would be really handy. I’m currently making something to use by hand temporarily, but it’s a pain in the ass.

Magento Community
Magento Community

DynaWerx

Total Posts:  1

I am installing and configuring Magento for a client who wants similar capability as explained by others above. Here is how he wants the process to work:

1. Customer adds items to cart
2. Customer checks out but does not pay immediately—he gets forwarded to a thank you page and receives an email notification, both of which state that an invoice will be forwarded once shipping has been calculated by the Admin.
3. Admin receive email notification that an order has been placed.
4. Admin calculates shipping fees, adds to Customer’s order total, and sends invoice to Customer.
5. Customer pays.
6. Admin ships product(s).

What would be most desireable is to be able to track all of this through the Magento interface. That is, Admin would update the invoice total in step 4 and Magento would send the invoice or notification that checkout with payment is now available to the Customer.

Is this possible? And if this is not already possible with Magento and some simple code modifications, would anyone be willing to provide price quotes to make this happen?

Magento Community
Magento Community

XPC Design

I’m interested in the same thing.

Magento Community
Magento Community

salbertson

Total Posts:  27

Any updates on this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

salbertson

Total Posts:  27

I changed the shipping totals successfully but now I get an error when creating the invoice and capturing the card, “The amount requested for settlement cannot be greater than the original amount authorized.”

Any hints?

Magento Community
Magento Community

kinokuniya

Total Posts:  2

This is what exactly we need too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sweet Tooth

Total Posts:  121
Canada

salbertson - 20 October 2008 12:08 PM

I changed the shipping totals successfully but now I get an error when creating the invoice and capturing the card, “The amount requested for settlement cannot be greater than the original amount authorized.”

Any hints?

Yeah you’re sales quote totals are probably off key with your sales order total.  Sales quotes in magento create a snapshot of how much was quoted for at a certain time.  If you reduce the order total manually from the DB, but keep the sales quote the same, magento throws an error for the inconsistency.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikefifield

Total Posts:  49

Anyone figure out how to do this? I need the same thing.

Magento Community
Magento Community

randomd

Total Posts:  3
Maui, HI

I am installing and configuring Magento for a client who wants similar capability as explained by others above. Here is how he wants the process to work:

1. Customer adds items to cart
2. Customer checks out but does not pay immediately—he gets forwarded to a thank you page and receives an email notification, both of which state that an invoice will be forwarded once shipping has been calculated by the Admin.
3. Admin receive email notification that an order has been placed.
4. Admin calculates shipping fees, adds to Customer’s order total, and sends invoice to Customer.
5. Customer pays.
6. Admin ships product(s).

What would be most desireable is to be able to track all of this through the Magento interface. That is, Admin would update the invoice total in step 4 and Magento would send the invoice or notification that checkout with payment is now available to the Customer.

Is this possible? And if this is not already possible with Magento and some simple code modifications, would anyone be willing to provide price quotes to make this happen?

This is EXACTLY what my client is currently requesting.  I’ve been wrestling with this issue for a while and can’t find a solution.  Any help here would be greatly appreciated.  Mahalo.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wjcstp

Total Posts:  30

*bump*

Has anyone done this successfully? This is exactly what i need for a client - store the order, manually enter shipping and return the order to the customer to complete payment. I’ve been chipping away at it, but any leads would be really helpful.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sktung

Total Posts:  15

This is a complete pain in the ass, but the only workaround I have found involves changing the database directly. Unfortunately, I can not figure out how to change the INVOICE only and leave the original ORDER information intact.

The relevant tables are:
sales_order
sales_flat_quote
sales_flat_quote_address
sales_order_entity_decimal

The ideal solution for our needs would be a FULLY EDITABLE Invoice Creation interface through the Magento Admin interface where we could update shipping prices/methods, tax rates (if necessary), etc. Not sure how hard it would be to code but it sounds like a lot of people are looking for this type of flexibility.

Magento Community
Magento Community

szotyi

Total Posts:  153

I have a pretty easy way to do it :D

how much do you pay for it? im just jocking:
here is how I did…
admin/system/configuration/shipping method

I have enabled only the flat rate… and give the 5 euro for the default amount..

now the client ordered the stuff with 5 eur shipping cost..

you can see his order under the admin/sales/order page right?

now my trick is:
1. STEP
/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/sales/order/create/shipping/method/form.phtml

after the third row (<dl class="shipment-methods">)
insert this:

<input id="lol" type="text" style="width: 100px;" /><input type="button" onclick="order.setShippingMethod('12345'+document.getElementById('lol').value)" value="save special shipping price" />

2. STEP
/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote/Address/Total/Shipping.php
find

if ($method{

foreach ($address->getAllShippingRates() as $rate{

if ($rate->getCode()==$method{
                    $amountPrice 
$address->getQuote()->getStore()->convertPrice($rate->getPrice(), false);

$address->setShippingAmount($amountPrice);

$address->setBaseShippingAmount($rate->getPrice());

$address->setShippingDescription($rate->getCarrierTitle().' - '.$rate->getMethodTitle());
                    break;

}
            }
        }

and after that insert:

if (substr($method05)=="12345"{
        $method2
="flatrate_flatrate";
            foreach (
$address->getAllShippingRates() as $rate{

if ($rate->getCode()==$method2{
                    $amountPrice 
$address->getQuote()->getStore()->convertPrice($rate->getPrice(), false);

$address->setShippingAmount(str_replace("12345","",$method));

$address->setBaseShippingAmount($rate->getPrice());

$address->setShippingDescription($rate->getCarrierTitle().' - '.$rate->getMethodTitle());
                    break;

}
            }
        }

STEP 3-10
no step three-then for hardcoding, thats all… rasberry

now if you see the order in the admin
1. go to edit, click yes, that you accept to cancel this order…
2. go to the Shipping Method,
3. click “Get shipping methods and rates”
(then you will see my custom text field and the original flat rate combobox)
4. type into my custom field the amount you want to charge…
5. and click my custom button called: save special shipping price…

thats it :D

Image Attachments
Picture 5.pngPicture 6.pngPicture 7.png

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 15