Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 6 of 6
Order numbers not sequential and missing orders??? 

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hi!

There is a great way to change classic magento order numbers - use Custom Order Number
Custom Order Number extension enables you set any starting numbers and prefixes for all types of store documents such as invoices, orders, shipments, credit memos. Protect your private business info from your competitors and make your store more user-friendly.

For more details, user guide and live demo please follow the link http://amasty.com/custom-order-number.html

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mhdalamoudi

Total Posts:  5

EDIT: IGNORE THE POST BELOW I AM STILL GETTING A PROBLEM WITH THIS…

I am on Siteground shared hosting and I noticed that their “static cache” was a possible cause to “gateway timeouts” and “magento errors” upon logging into the admin panel for Magento backend.

I disabled it and now this error seems to have disappeared, now if timeouts were produced I might have also solved the “PayPal showing orders but not Magento” error as well.

I would also like to add that their “dynamic cache”, “supercacher” and “CDN cache” all caused different timeouts, errors and issues. So turn all of these off and just use the native cacher with Magento.

With all due respect to Siteground, I don’t see any performance difference with or without all those cache features.

This also explains how some people managed to solve the issue after switching host (maybe one of them had cache features which lead to conflicts with PayPal).

I will keep you updated and let you know if this truly fixed the dreaded “PayPal shows order but not Magento error”.

rdallison - 02 March 2011 01:58 AM

Any updates on this issue? One of my clients is experiencing this (CE 1.4.0.1) and I am under heavy pressure to resolve it.

I have seen about 5 occurrences of this problem since October 2010. In all cases the credit card payment is approved (via Website Payments Pro) but there is no trace of the order in the Magento admin area.

For a couple of the orders (but not for all of them) I was able to track down the corresponding quote in the database table sales_flat_quote.

I have PayPal debugging switched on, and there seem to be messages going back and forth, but the sequence is not the same on these failed transactions as on the normal ones. Unfortunately I do not know enough about the transactional conversation between Magento & PayPal to be able to interpret the differences…

I had initially thought the missing orders were due to a network/firewall issue preventing the hand-off from PayPal to Magento. But I realized today that at least one of these “interrupted” transactions came from an IP address which had submitted successful orders on other occasions.

So my only viable hypothesis now is that the transaction must be timing out during the hand-off following payment approval. I have not been able to ascertain if the customers saw an error message or not.

What I do know is that I am getting occasional “System Error 500” messages for no apparent reason on the administrative backend, which I have seen on other threads may be due to memory or timeout limitations on 1&1;Shared Hosting.

Can anyone say if they are experiencing this “missing order” issue and/or the “System Error 500” issue on dedicated hosting and/or on hosting other than 1&1;Shared Hosting?

Any other bright ideas out there??

Magento Community
Magento Community

mhdalamoudi

Total Posts:  5

****BUMP****

this is a serious issue, any solutions yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

amauryartravel

Total Posts:  2

Hello,
Do you know a subscription module for e-magazine ?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 6 of 6