Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Order numbers not sequential and missing orders??? 

itdinteractive

Total Posts:  2

SUCCESS… kind of smile

we have succeeded (in a way) in alleviating this problem.  This obviously isn’t the ultimate fix, and i’m disheartened by the last post because my client is switching to auth.net and another merchant provider.. but still.. I think we’ve got it licked.

We were doing so many paypal refunds to offset the double and triple charges, that we actually got blacklisted by paypal.  After we got that taken care of I went in and switched everything to “AUTH” only, instead of “SALE”.  My hesitation in the past was because it causes more work, however there is a batch capture in paypal and i’m sure there is one in most every decent merchant gateway interface, so you can do this daily, 2-3 times a day, whatever you want.

What i’m seeing is that since the issue was happening somewhere in the “paypal letting magento know that the transaction is paid for” part of the process.. This effectively splits the task into two distinct operations.  We ran this all weekend and this morning they did a batch capture on a couple hundred orders with no issue whatsoever, no duplicates, all seems to be peachy for the moment.

It’s still a bug, and it needs to be addressed, but at least this way you can quit issuing refunds which is a nightmare on the accounting folks and slow the process down enough to have better control and stop the dupes.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

imwy2cool

Total Posts:  164

This also seems to be an issue with Google Checkout. http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/197045/P0/

So, it’s an issue with PayPal, Google Checkout, and Authorize.net. I’m convinced that this is NOT a to be a merchant issue, but rather a Magento bug. I wish Magento would address this issue. In the thread above that I linked to there is a mention that Varien has admitted an issue with Google Checkout, but they need to address this with several if not all payment processors.

Magento Community
Magento Community

oginome

Total Posts:  39

Tried two things :

1) PAYPAL : switched everything to “AUTH” only, instead of “SALE”
2) Magento : Use SID on Frontend = No

Seems no missing order now, and the large orders can be paid.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hindleydp

Total Posts:  98

Surely varien must produce a fix for this.  This is happening across different payment providers and regularly causes a massive problem for merchants.  Please help on this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

imwy2cool

Total Posts:  164

Yeah, I’ve been trying to follow all the suggestions on here and it isn’t happening as much, but two more orders again happened this way yesterday. We collect customers money, but the sale doesn’t show up in Magento!

PLEASE Varien, Look into this issue…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sajid iqbal

Total Posts:  14

Any progress made for solution of this bug?

Magento Community
Magento Community

shawnlan

Total Posts:  32

this is not a bug. If someone fails the payment process the order id will skip.

Magento Community
Magento Community

oginome

shawnlan - 04 November 2010 01:20 PM

this is not a bug. If someone fails the payment process the order id will skip.

Yes, so why it’s not a bug?

Magento Community
Magento Community

shawnlan

Total Posts:  32

if payment fails, supposedly you get a notification email. That’s all we need. Whether the order ids are perfectly sequential or not doesn’t matter at all.

Magento Community
Magento Community

oginome

shawnlan - 04 November 2010 08:31 PM

if payment fails, supposedly you get a notification email. That’s all we need. Whether the order ids are perfectly sequential or not doesn’t matter at all.

The problem is, the customer cannot be redirected to the paypal page.
And inside the db, the order exists in the order table, without the relevant payment record in the payment table.
So, the backend dashboard can show it (because just query the order rough info.)
But orders page cannot show it, because the join table without the relevant payment record, so nothing to show although the order info. is there.

I haven’t this problem within this month. So I’m not sure it’s due to the actions in my previous post or paypal has fixed something (seems paypal has the big change recently).
But at least, magento should fix the problem to show order in dashboard and in the order page, and reflect the payment problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mediagang

Total Posts:  111
Leeds UK

I’ve been having the same issue.  I located the error to be a php timeout script.  Check your PHP error log files on your server and see if you can match them to days / times of missing orders…

Magento Community
Magento Community

hindleydp

Hi,

Any chance you could explain how you fixed this please?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

rdallison

Total Posts:  7

Any updates on this issue? One of my clients is experiencing this (CE 1.4.0.1) and I am under heavy pressure to resolve it.

I have seen about 5 occurrences of this problem since October 2010. In all cases the credit card payment is approved (via Website Payments Pro) but there is no trace of the order in the Magento admin area.

For a couple of the orders (but not for all of them) I was able to track down the corresponding quote in the database table sales_flat_quote.

I have PayPal debugging switched on, and there seem to be messages going back and forth, but the sequence is not the same on these failed transactions as on the normal ones. Unfortunately I do not know enough about the transactional conversation between Magento & PayPal to be able to interpret the differences…

I had initially thought the missing orders were due to a network/firewall issue preventing the hand-off from PayPal to Magento. But I realized today that at least one of these “interrupted” transactions came from an IP address which had submitted successful orders on other occasions.

So my only viable hypothesis now is that the transaction must be timing out during the hand-off following payment approval. I have not been able to ascertain if the customers saw an error message or not.

What I do know is that I am getting occasional “System Error 500” messages for no apparent reason on the administrative backend, which I have seen on other threads may be due to memory or timeout limitations on 1&1;Shared Hosting.

Can anyone say if they are experiencing this “missing order” issue and/or the “System Error 500” issue on dedicated hosting and/or on hosting other than 1&1;Shared Hosting?

Any other bright ideas out there??

Magento Community
Magento Community

hindleydp

Hi,

We are definately seeing this, we host with a different host to 1&1;yet are seeing this happen only once we switched to PayPal Pro.  It appears to happen only when 2 orders are placed at roughly the exact same time (within 10 seconds).  Both orders go through with Paypal, however one of the orders is completely missed out of the Magento Admin and there is no trace at all of this.  This is a serious issue which is affecting many other users of Magento, does anyone know of a fix for this at all?

Magento Community
Magento Community

husby

Total Posts:  72
Roseville, MN

Same issue here.  Any fixes other than switching PayPal to only do AUTH’s, which we’d rather not do?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community