Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 6
Order numbers not sequential and missing orders??? 

imwy2cool

Total Posts:  164

I’m having the same issue. Card is accepted but no order present! This is NOT a small issue, but a rather large one as you can EASILY miss an order. It’s also embarrassing having to call the customer and say “Hey we got your money, but we have NO IDEA what you ordered.” How much more unprofessional can you get? Please Varien help us out with this.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

oginome

Total Posts:  39

I have the same issue (1.4.1.0) and the following findings.

1) Open the table sales_flat_order, the missing orders are there. But the fields state and status are null.
2) Open the table sales_flat_order_payment, lacked the relevant record for the missing orders.
3) Cannot show the missing orders by change their state and status.
4) Big chance to missing the large order.

So I wrote a php to export the missing orders and order items information.
But of course the best solution is to avoid the missing order and payment.
It is the very bad experience for the customers and nobody would like to order again.

Because the point 4 of the above, I guess it may due to the timeout.
But I am very new to magento, really cannot figure out the logic and it is possible or not.
Please share your findings and discuss about the possibilities, deeply thx.

Magento Community
Magento Community

darshana.sangwan

Total Posts:  9

I’m having the same issue with magento 1.4.0.1.  authorize.net is being used for payments. I am also trying to find out the missing order issue in live site. Can any body guide for the root cause of this issue. Why the orders are being skipped? Its quite serious issue with the core functionality of magento. Please let me know if any body got the cause of missing orders.

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

darshana.sangwan

DNCamper - 28 January 2009 05:00 PM

What I have noticed in looking through the authorize transactions is that magento assigns invoice numbers to orders with declined cards, but does not record them.

In my case the missing invoice numbers were declined cards, although they are not stored in magento I have record of the invoice numbers in authorize.net.

I agree with the above statement. I have review the records in authorize.net and all the missing orders are declined invoice in the authorize.net.

Magento Community
Magento Community

darshana.sangwan

What I have noticed in looking through the authorize transactions is that magento assigns invoice numbers to orders with declined cards, but does not record them.

In my case the missing invoice numbers were declined cards, although they are not stored in magento I have record of the invoice numbers in authorize.net

I agree with the above statement. I have review the records in authorize.net and all the missing orders are declined invoice in the authorize.net.

Magento Community
Magento Community

oginome

I use paypal only.

I’ve tried two times to create the long orders and after click “Place Order”.
Normally it should redirect to the paypal site, but it just return to the empty shopping cart page.
And the order disappear from the order list. But it’s in the database, just not show in the order list.

I tried to ask paypal about it.  Someone has replied that it may due to the paypal side settings.
They tried my magento site and told me seems normal and they tried to create 3 orders and all success.
But in my side, I’ve found 3 successful orders and 1 failed (disappeared) order.

I’m not sure they’ve modified something but then I can create the long order now.
The worst thing is, my client (in another country) still failed to redirect to paypal from my site.

So, I curious it’s the paypal timeout problem and if it depends on the different country of paypal?
If so, anybody has experience of it and if it can be solved by the settings of my magento side? Thx.

Magento Community
Magento Community

imwy2cool

darshana.sangwan - 20 August 2010 01:50 AM

In my case the missing invoice numbers were declined cards, although they are not stored in magento I have record of the invoice numbers in authorize.net

I must disagree, it is NOT only an issue of missing order numbers caused by declined cards. Though, I do at times experience this issue as well this seems fairly normal.

Mine is as mentioned above that legitimate orders are missed, NOT just declined cards.

Magento Community
Magento Community

imwy2cool

oginome - 16 August 2010 10:35 PM

I have the same issue (1.4.1.0) and the following findings.

1) Open the table sales_flat_order, the missing orders are there. But the fields state and status are null.
2) Open the table sales_flat_order_payment, lacked the relevant record for the missing orders.
3) Cannot show the missing orders by change their state and status.
4) Big chance to missing the large order.

So I wrote a php to export the missing orders and order items information.
But of course the best solution is to avoid the missing order and payment.
It is the very bad experience for the customers and nobody would like to order again.

Because the point 4 of the above, I guess it may due to the timeout.
But I am very new to magento, really cannot figure out the logic and it is possible or not.
Please share your findings and discuss about the possibilities, deeply thx.

I think you are on to something here. I am going to check out my missing orders and see if I have the same status. I have a strong feeling that they will be.

Magento Community
Magento Community

oginome

Oh seems not only the large order has this problem.
Although the small order (one item, about USD 10) also…

Magento Community
Magento Community

oginome

I’m not sure it’s related or not.

Someone helped me to change the paypal->profile->selling preferences->language encoding to be UTF-8
and I haven’t missing order over a week until now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

oginome

oh, missing order again…
a large order (about usd 200)…
but it created 2 orders at the same time, the first one is missing and the second one is pending payment.

Magento Community
Magento Community

husby

Total Posts:  72
Roseville, MN

I have seen this same issue.  We use Paypal for all our orders, and a couple customers have called to ask where their orders are.  We can see the purchase in PayPal, but not in Magento’s back end.  Upon examining the database tables, it looks like the order is there, but is like the other orders that get canceled because the customer fails to complete the payment process.  So my guess is that for some reason, a bug is preventing Magento from realizing that the order was successfully paid for, and therefore it removes it and increments the order number (increment ID field) anyway.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

itdinteractive

Total Posts:  2

adding to the thread - i\’m having the same problem with a store that\’s smack in the middle of it\’s busy season..

1) I agree it\’s a timing thing, however the usual fixes of adding to the timeout value and increasing the memory limits don\’t work
2) in the cases where this happens, you can find the txnID in paypal but there is no corresponding txnID in magento
3) and like the others, the order number is missing.

I was alarmed by all the gaps in order number sequences, but usually found nothing actually missing. So I assumed, like someone said, that numbers are reserved on the front end and not released if there is a decline or other problem.  However, for some, it\’s just because paypals doesn\’t get the info back in time.

What\’s worse is I think that while this is still a magento issue, no one has noticed it until now.  If you google this issue, around Sept 3 people started complaining of similar issues.  One tell-tale sign is that people get an \"undefined\" error alert when they go to place order (step 6).  Our customers had this problem.  It seems you click on \"Place Order\” and paypal does it\’s thing, but Magento reactivates the place order button again, and doesn\’t wait on the full transaction to complete.  SO people were clicking it multiple times and we were refunding a whole lot of money.

Seems it\’s a timing thing, and it seems as though magento\’s paypal IPN handling isn\’t flexible enough to handle any fluctuations in the return time.

I would love to know if there is any remedy to this - it\’s causing a major headache for us and hours upon hours of time wasted manually issuing refunds and tracking down missing orders for rightfully upset customers.

c\’mon magento.  i know this isn\’t the enterprise version, but let\’s not forget the little guys…

Magento Community
Magento Community

oginome

Thx. itdinteractive
You’ve concluded the problem completely.
Same, it’s causing a major headache for us…
I’ve just increased the php memory limit and timeout. But according to your message, it should be useless.
So, since the problem is during the redirect to paypal, I’ve set the paypal auto return to be off to have a try.

itdinteractive - 13 September 2010 12:03 PM

adding to the thread - i\’m having the same problem with a store that\’s smack in the middle of it\’s busy season..

1) I agree it\’s a timing thing, however the usual fixes of adding to the timeout value and increasing the memory limits don\’t work
2) in the cases where this happens, you can find the txnID in paypal but there is no corresponding txnID in magento
3) and like the others, the order number is missing.

I was alarmed by all the gaps in order number sequences, but usually found nothing actually missing. So I assumed, like someone said, that numbers are reserved on the front end and not released if there is a decline or other problem.  However, for some, it\’s just because paypals doesn\’t get the info back in time.

What\’s worse is I think that while this is still a magento issue, no one has noticed it until now.  If you google this issue, around Sept 3 people started complaining of similar issues.  One tell-tale sign is that people get an \"undefined\" error alert when they go to place order (step 6).  Our customers had this problem.  It seems you click on \"Place Order\” and paypal does it\’s thing, but Magento reactivates the place order button again, and doesn\’t wait on the full transaction to complete.  SO people were clicking it multiple times and we were refunding a whole lot of money.

Seems it\’s a timing thing, and it seems as though magento\’s paypal IPN handling isn\’t flexible enough to handle any fluctuations in the return time.

I would love to know if there is any remedy to this - it\’s causing a major headache for us and hours upon hours of time wasted manually issuing refunds and tracking down missing orders for rightfully upset customers.

c\’mon magento.  i know this isn\’t the enterprise version, but let\’s not forget the little guys…

Magento Community
Magento Community

imwy2cool

Also, please make note that this is NOT limited to PayPal. Several on here are using Authorize.net and having the same issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 6