Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 6
Order numbers not sequential and missing orders??? 

kenosis

Total Posts:  45

Hey all,

We’ve been noticing a few oddities with our Mage store I want to run by you.  First, our customer order numbers frequently do not increment by 1: often by 2, 3 and a few by 4 or 5 from the previous order #!!!  I ask about this because we wonder if this could be an indicator of a bug.  Specifically, we added some logging at the very end of the purchase process (long story) and in at least one instance, a sale made it all the way through the purchase process, was logged and then was not present in magento.  In fact, a SECOND order, not manually entered by the customer, ended up being processed all the way through the credit card charging step and past our logger.  That order showed up in Mage as a completed sale.  So, the mysterious initial order #10000079 was CC processed, logged and not in the Mage sale order list but the next order #10000080 was in the sales order list.  Its almost as if Mage threw an exception at the end of processing order #10000079 (which included a successful auth.net CC charge) and as part of some recovery logic reprocessed the order, which succeeded as #10000080.  (And we’re confident its not our logging that was the problem as this is actually external to Mage and virtually transparent to it.) Anyone seen anything like this before?

Ken

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mk2dev

Total Posts:  42
Chicago, IL

I think I am having the same issues… any response to this? this IS pretty serious.

Magento Community
Magento Community

LindyKyaw

Total Posts:  138
Los Angeles

Magento has ability to log the request and response for most of the payment gateways,
You can enable via admin configuration by setting yes for Debug flag.
By doing that, you can see the request that Magento sent and response that Magento receive in the database. E.g “paygate_authorizenet_debug” table for authorize.net

Magento natively reserve order id before sending to payment gateway. 
You can see

$this->getQuote()->reserveOrderId();
If there is an error or decline in payment processing, the order id will be incremented.

Magento Community
Magento Community

scend

Total Posts:  20

Can you set it to debug for a live site; I thought that was only while in development?

Also, did anyone find out what’s happening, I’m seeing the same results using the Protx Direct extension; virtually every order number is skipping 1 - 5 numbers, I’ve checked the Protx console and there are only a few failed transactions, not enough to warrant this amount of order numbers being skipped.

Magento Community
Magento Community

LindyKyaw

Total Posts:  138
Los Angeles

The flag can enable/disable no matter you are on live site or dev site.
Sometimes you would like to check what request you make to the payment gateway and what response you are receiving from the gateway.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wadley0

Total Posts:  0

Did anyone ever find a solution to this? Is it in fact something in the payment gateway? Is there a way to retrieve the missing orders?

Magento Community
Magento Community

shadpmg

Total Posts:  3

I have a client that is having this same issue as well.  If Magento has any light to shed on this issue I would greatly appreciate it.
The system is skipping order numbers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jonathan123

Total Posts:  215

I had a customer place an order, and the card was declined - but I don’t see their order in the Sales section at all. Is this normal? I would think it would show up as canceled or otherwise?

Magento Community
Magento Community

DNCamper

Total Posts:  4

Having same issues here. Orders being placed and the customer is getting charged, but there is no record of it in Magento.

A little guidance from the support team would be nice here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  796

I have not seen this in any of my stores.

To understand the trend a bit better, if you are seeing the issue what payment gateway are you using (PayPal, Authorize.net, etc)

Magento Community
Magento Community

DNCamper

Total Posts:  4

What I have noticed in looking through the authorize transactions is that magento assigns invoice numbers to orders with declined cards, but does not record them.

In my case the missing invoice numbers were declined cards, although they are not stored in magento I have record of the invoice numbers in authorize.net.

Magento Community
Magento Community

envisionwebgroup

Total Posts:  37
Orlando, FL

Any updates to this issue????

Magento Community
Magento Community

liotropi

Total Posts:  182
Athens, Greece

I just noticed that this has happened in my shop. A customer called
for info about their order & there was no order.
Then I noticed that the orders were not numbered sequentially.
What is happening? Are the orders missing? Did the customer make a misteke?

This is probably going to end my love - hate relationship with Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

liotropi

Total Posts:  182
Athens, Greece

bump
this is pretty serious

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jase Clamp

Total Posts:  19

bump x 2.
Our problem is an extension of this. We find people coming back weeks later to complete an order. They keep their original incrementid so our daily order export has already moved beyond the range in which their order number falls. We miss their order and have to refund them. What can we do?

Magento Community
Magento Community

itchytrig

Total Posts:  162
UK

Any more bumps on this… or do we need to put up a mountain?

Just noticed this too… Can Varien explain ‘in detail’ the reasons for this?

Looks like this is a concern for many…

?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 6