Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Attribute Dependencies in Bundles - restricting attribute values parametrically

mahumbaba

Total Posts:  2

I’m running into an issue with Bundling (kitting). I’m trying to create some alternative to “build your own” functionality. The main issue I"m running into is the following. I’ll use a computer with custom options as an example:

- You have “Graphics Card” and “A/V Options” as attributes of a product.
- Say you customize your computer and select the default “Onboard Accelerated Graphics Processor” as a graphics card. Your A/V Options should not include “TV Tuner Card”, since that option cannot be built with the default graphics card. If you select a more advanced card, say “NVidia GeForce x4000 256MB”, you should now be able to see TV Tuner Card in the A/V Options.

How can I achieve this attribute dependency? Maybe I’m missing something, but if I have say 12 attributes with 12 options each, it rarely means my product is available in 144 configurations. I have to have a way to restrict the combinations of attribute selections dynamically, as in a drill down approach.

It’s almost like I want the layered navigation feature to look at the attributes within bundles and offer or hide further attribute selections based on the current filter values.

Any idea???

Great thanks in advance for a quick response. I need to figure this one out quickly…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mahumbaba

Total Posts:  2

Does anybody have any idea about this? This sounds like a pretty heavy limitation. Attributes will always have dependencies…

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

Total Posts:  191

I also have dependencies in my bundle options.  How is this handled in Magento?  or is it?

roco

Magento Community
Magento Community

silversand

Total Posts:  8

{bump for greater justice}

I’d like to know this too. Anyone out there?

Magento Community
Magento Community

seoace

Total Posts:  1

Any updates on this?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

martijnr

Total Posts:  31

Does anyone has an idea on how to do this correctly?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community