Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product not adding to cart & Duplicate Views in List

JosephLeaver

Total Posts:  6

Hi,

I’m running into a few problems, http://www.docusolve.co.uk/store/index.php/printers for some reason on all of my categories I have a duplicated list views, would anyone have any idea as to why this is?  I have edited the list.php but cannot find any problems there.  Originally this only happened if Anchor was set to No, now it seems to happen regardless.

Also, I have imported 72 products that are “consumables”, because of the amount of consumables I thought it best to import them as .csv, the import was fine, and all the products seem fine, the only problem is they do not add to cart.  when you select a quantity, then click add to cart it then takes you to a “Shopping Cart is Empty” page, which obviously is not right. (example: http://www.docusolve.co.uk/store/index.php/consumables-1/xerox-consumables/toner-cartridges/xerox-6110-toner-cartridges.html)

I would greatly appreciate some help.

Regards,
Joe Leaver

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nikefido
Guru

Total Posts:  481
New Haven, CT

the duplication problem could be a number of things.

In your template file for that view (.phtml file) - the code cuold be duplicated on the page due to a copy and paste error (has happened to me before), or you could be adding that block to the page twice by accident, either via a CMS page or in an XML layout file (page.xml? catalog.xml? cms.xml?) or in a higher-level .php file. (something from the Page template folder perhaps)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community