Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t upload images and change attribute sets

Turquoise

Total Posts:  1

Hey, people!

I have installed the latest version of Magento, added a few categories and couple of products. Works fine except two issues:

1) I can’t upload picture to a product. I select picture, click upload, it shows it in table, but after I click save, it disappears. I can see the file in tmp directory on server, but apparently it doesn’t work as it suppose to work.

2) Attribute sets can’t be saved. After i drag a few attributes to my newly created set and click save, it drops to a default state. I mean, the message of “Saving” appears, but no confirmation pops up. When I review the set it looks like default set.

Altho, if I add an attribute to the product with defined set, it appears in the set and works fine.

Can anybody, please, help me with that?

P.S.: Folder permissions are 777

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kathys

Total Posts:  17

I have the same issue with images in 1.1.1. The upload is actually working - they are on the server - and the admin “knows” they are there, but just displays the “x” for image not found. Same on the front end.

I looked at the code in template/catalog/product/list.phtml and there is a helper function that displays the image. The codes appears exactly as it did in the previous version of magento. I believe a lot of helper functions were either eliminated or changed in version 1.1.1.

I guess the next step is to look at the actual function code?

Are others having this issue?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

kathys

Total Posts:  17

Another bit of info. In the admin I uploaded placeholder images. Those cannot be found either. When I roll over the place where the image should be the link that appears at the bottom of my browser is

mystore.com/shop/}media/catalog/product/placeholder/default/placeholder_image.jpg

Please not the “}” after “shop/”. I think this is the problem. There is a leftover “}” somewhere in the php helper function to find the image.

I have NO CLUE where to look for that!!!

I looked in magento/app/code/core/mage/catalog/Helper/Image.php but I have no way of knowing where the extraneous “}” might be or if this is even the correct file. I even compared it to the old version with winmerge. I’m still not sure what I am looking for.

PLEASE any developers care to try to find this so we can patch it?

If this is out there I can’t imagine that images will work for anyone!

Magento Community
Magento Community

luisa

Total Posts:  14

Hi,

I have also a problem with the Upload Images function.
In my case, while attempting to create / edit a new Product, I click on Images > Browse for files > Upload Files. Then, I only can visualize the “Complete” message of the process, but I can’t see any image on the table above.

I am using version 1.1.2. I never had this problem older versions, naming 1.0.19870.4 and lower.
Permissions on folder ‘media’ are 755, i had them in 777.

So I am out of ideas, can somebody help?

thanks in advance

Magento Community
Magento Community

yanidp

luisa - 08 August 2008 05:28 AM

Hi,

In my case, while attempting to create / edit a new Product, I click on Images > Browse for files > Upload Files. Then, I only can visualize the “Complete” message of the process, but I can’t see any image on the table above.

I am using version 1.1.2. I never had this problem older versions, naming 1.0.19870.4 and lower.
Permissions on folder ‘media’ are 755, i had them in 777.

thanks in advance

I have the same problem, but after the “Complete” message appear then I click “Save” button or another action, the admin page was logout and i should login again to do admin thinks. It is find at my development site (local).

Thanks

Quick response from me. I found the solution from another thread . Create a new php.ini with the following:

magic_quotes_gpc off
short_open_tag 
on
extension
=pdo.so
extension
=pdo_mysql.so

Magento Community
Magento Community

fuzzyjared

Total Posts:  7

I too am having an issue with image upload. I am able to upload sometimes in the admin. This is after a site transfer from shared hosting to a vps. The admin says that the image upload was complete, and will let me see the image in the admin but won’t let me see it in the front end. I have not identified if this is just a configurable rpoduct issue or if it is all of them. It appears that my permissions are accurate.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Stas Antons

In case people still have this issue.  Upgrading to Flash 10.x seem to solve the image upload problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jonasfr

Total Posts:  31

i still have this problem (image upload & change atrribute sets) in Magento ver. 1.2.0.3. the image is uploaded correctly to the server, but admin won’t save the reference. i can’t save a changed attribute set either… modrewrite on magicqutes off :-( any help? that would be great!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

james-aj5

Total Posts:  4

Did this issue ever get resolved? I am tearing my hair out trying to fix this, but can’t find any info on how to do it. Anyone? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gravitydigital.ca

Total Posts:  5
Vancouver

Hello,

I have this exact problem (image upload & change atrribute sets) in Magento ver. 1.3.1.

The image is uploaded correctly to the server, but admin won’t save the reference. i can’t save a changed attribute set either… I get a pop up error - “Unable to complete request. Please try again later.” Nice wink

The product image page says : “Image type and information need to be specified for each store view.”

PHP 5.2.6
magicquotes off
Folder ‘Media’ set to 777, and tried at 775, 755 and sub folders
Tried all browsers.

Any ideas? Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

TAJMAC IT Solutions

Total Posts:  9

I was also facing the similar problem. like when I try to make some changes to attribute sets, I get “Unable to complete request, please try again later”.  I checked with the firebug and it returned 500 Internal Server Error.  So after having so much troubles, I figured following solution which is working for me.

Just before updating any attribute sets, goto to System->Cache Management->Layered Navigation Indices->Refresh Now

Then comeback to your attribute sets and make changes.  It works for one time only.  When I try to make another SAVE, i get the same error again, and I have to repeat the same process again.

It is not the proper solutions, but at least I am running my car somehow.

Please update the proper solution as well

Magento Community
Magento Community

betterbatt

Total Posts:  53

Refreshing the cache worked for me with the attribute set problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TAJMAC IT Solutions

Message me if you are having trouble creating new “attribute sets” on Magento 1.4.  May be I will not charge you. rasberry

Magento Community
Magento Community

TAJMAC IT Solutions

I am receiving so many requests regarding above problem in message box.  I have a human limitation to reply to so much generalized emails.  People are defining their problems in no more then single line.  For example, “my attribute are not working”, “how did you do it?”, “I tried every thing but not working.”

Problems are:

1. Since most of the time I found that it is related to the environment on it is hosted who in some cases at some stages also corrupt the indexes. So each problem cannot be solved with single universal solution.

2. I don’t know version (0.0.0 not 0.0) you are using?  What environment? and is your hosting environment fulfilling all the requirements are you are just skipping few things (download that magento check file from download page)? 

3. Are you sure that you are not missing some mandatory fields.  E.g.price?

4. Are you properly able to clean your caches and re-index every thing?

5. Have you installed any modules which massively edits/modify the products and attributes?

6. Have you imported some products in bulk which were not in magento before?

7. Possibilities are so much.

Moral:

A single line is not able to attract detailed replies.  Hope nobody minds and my points will validate in rest of the people opinion.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TAJMAC IT Solutions

Sorry for so many typos.  Here is the link for magento-check.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/how-do-i-know-if-my-server-is-compatible-with-magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

vithi

Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance,
Vithya

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community