Magento Forum

where is the .php that makes up the product page? I would like to make some customized php modifications. 

edwardtilbury

Total Posts:  66
Las Vegas, Nevada

where is the .php that makes up the product page? I would like to make some customized php modifications.

I would like to make some modifications to the php code on the product display page, but i cannot find it.  Do you know where it is located?

Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

somesid

Total Posts:  83

Well it isn’t about just a .php file. Not sure what you want to do, but here is where you should look:

in /app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog/product you will find the file building the pages displaying the products (mostly in view.phtml for the product and in list.phtml for the product list).

any function called in those template file refers to functions defined here /app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/

in particular you should find the functions called in view.phtml and list.phtml here :/magento/www/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Block/Product

Magento Community
Magento Community

edwardtilbury

Total Posts:  66
Las Vegas, Nevada

Thanks for the reply, actually what I’d like to do is edit the product php code so that it automatically checks to see if sequential pictures exist based on the thumbnail image name..

I just need to find the code of the picture viewer for the products, which I’m still digging around to find, btw, I’m using 1.1.2

Magento Community
Magento Community

somesid

Total Posts:  83

ok so what you’re lookink for is probably here : /app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog/product/view/media.phtml

(when in view.phtml you see $this->getChildHtml(’media’), it means it’s gonna call the file with the same name in the /view/ folder).

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community