Magento Forum

Kingkao | Designer Toy Store Launch

kingkao

Total Posts:  50
Toronto

After months of work, I have launched my website with Magento. I can not be more pleased. It should not have taken so long, but, I am not very computer literate.

http://kingkao.com

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

Congratulations. Looks good. Especially the blog is great.

You could consider to make the logo stand out a little better from the the background. And the curves in the logo is tagged (if you use PS like me, I fixed this by defining matte as the color to blend transparent pixels against. That will smoothen the curves.).

I wish you sucess with the web site.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Christian_Norway

Total Posts:  135

The site is very slow to load for me. Get a new hosting company.

Graphics:
- Logo to low image quality
- Site do not display correctly in Safari.. Header and content block not aligned
- Flash on front page looks good, but not the buttons in buttom right corner…
- Search button, bad image quality
- Change the color of your orange “add to cart” buttons
- Add more pictures of your products, Id like to see them from several angles. Also make the pictures bigger..

Except all this very nice.

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

@Christian: I am not too shure if the logo is “low image quality” (the color gradient is excellent as you will see). This is a common problem when saving a .gif logo with transparent background (at least using PS). It can be fixed by following my advise above.
The buttons in the flash might well be the same problem. The same apply for the custom made buttons (like ‘SEARCH’).
I agree on the color of the “add to cart” buttons, and it is probably a great idea to change hosting company (if the excisting one cannot offer any impovement).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Christian_Norway

Total Posts:  135

What I am saying is that the logo don’t have smooth edges. If he had made the logo in Adobe Illustrator and exported it to .gif then I believe it would look a lot better. It would also be scalable if you create it in vector.

I just think that these small design quality issues, gives the site a unworthy feel of low quality.

Fix these small image quality issues, and the site would be a lot better.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rpflo

Total Posts:  1

Christian_Norway - 10 August 2008 12:13 PM

I just think that these small design quality issues, gives the site a unworthy feel of low quality.

Fix these small image quality issues, and the site would be a lot better.

I agree.  It has graphical issues that no designer would be satisfied with (but code monkeys could care less about).
The header is 1 pixel off in Safari and Firefox too, which means you need to quit developing in IE first wink

As a consumer I won’t buy stuff from sites that have this much hokiness--I worry they’ll treat my order with the same small oversights as their website.

Fire up the right brain OCD for a day and the site would be fantastic!  I like it.  Congrats, it feels good to go live cheese

Magento Community
Magento Community

thebambam

Total Posts:  26

Ah i wouldnt say thats bad at all. Yeah it does load a tad bit slow then it should be.  Either ask for upgrade or switch hosting providers (preferably not one located off the planet) and neaten up some of the images.

Apart from that you got a gooden.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wsj3
Guru

Total Posts:  521
Portland, OR

Nice site. Good job!

Magento Community
Magento Community