Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Hide / Remove the “ Select Store “ dropdown box

ukdazza
Guru

Total Posts:  308

Sounds daft, but I don’t want the user to be able to see the drop down box to select a store. I will be linking to the stores myself in the only places the user would need to visit them.

I have multiple stores.
I therefore have the “select store” dropdown box showing in the footer of my site.
I’d like to hide/remove this dropdown box.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Total Posts:  721
Aviano ~ Italy

in
magento/app/design/frontend/default/default/layout/page.xml

you can remove this line

<block type="page/switch" name="store_switcher" as="store_switcher" template="page/switch/stores.phtml"/>

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

Thanks for your suggestion. ALL that does is break the store. WTF??

Magento Community
Magento Community

jackstraw

Total Posts:  62
Carbondale,Colorado

Got a link? break the store and WTF does not illuminate the problem.  You can perhaps try refreshing the cache.  Her suggestion should work, it simply removes the display of it.

Nigel

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

I did it. Then refreshed the page (homepage) and the store was broken. Just an error message. So I removed the edited file and replaced it with the original one and it is fine again. Therefore taking that line out didn’t work at all. I appreciate the suggestion but it didnt work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jackstraw

Carbondale,Colorado

What was the error?  I just tried this and it worked fine on mag 1.1.2 It was actually still visible until I went to cache management and cleared it.
Additionally, there is a block entry similar to the one above that starts with page /switch but ends in something different pertaining to languages.
What you want is line 75 or 76 I forget exactly. If you have not changed anything of course.
Did you cause a syntax error by chance?  http://www.thegraphicdesignresource.com/chet/ I have a few stores running on that site due to some sort of import glitch from zencart(should not exactly work in the first place).  As you can see though, it worked out on my end.

hope that helps,
Nigel

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

I’m on version 1.0.19870.4

Strangely even though I copied and then used the “find” feature the line above (which it found) then deleted it had an error.

Following your method and going to that row and deleting that line it worked. Most odd.

Thank you to you both for your answers it has worked! (I am still scratching my head as to what when wrong the first time but I am there now).

THANKS!

-----

PS. Do you guys know how to edit the links in the top right? I want to edit them and any topics I find I can’t make head nor tail of!

Again, thanks in advance! :o)

Magento Community
Magento Community

jackstraw

Carbondale,Colorado

Do you need to change function or just the text?  for instance change my account to account?

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/2869/

Nigel

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

I am looking to do the following:

Change “Log In” to “Register / Log In”

Change “My Cart” to “My Cart / Checkout”

Delete “Checkout”

Magento Community
Magento Community

jackstraw

Carbondale,Colorado

hmph well, the link I posted explains the first one sort of.  Login takes you to /customer/account/login/ this has both the login and new user(registration) routines.

however the second one- my cart and checkout can’t necessarily be one link as they are two entirely different functions mycart goes to /checkout/cart/
while checkout goes to /checkout/onepage/

Deleting checkout strikes me as an all around bad idea.  I guess you could delete checkout from the header area since you can “proceed to checkout” from the view cart page.  At which point you can still use the info provided in the above link about the language cvs file.

Nigel

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

Working on it now Nigel. Didn’t work first time but I am tinkering and sure it will in a second…

The concept is to get every buyer to go through the cart then to checkout. The idea being that Google Checkout is only available from the cart. Google Checkout is less fees compared to PayPal and is much easier to manage in my opinion. PLUS Google are a company who are interesting in the world, sharing and caring (Google Earth and their new version where they are filming every road in the uk...just shows they are giving) ...where PayPal are all take take take...in short, I’d rather pay fees to Google than PayPal lol.

This doesn’t seem to be working...I’ve done the following:

A1 “My Cart” B1 “My Cart / Checkout”
also tried:
A1 “My Cart”, “My Cart / Checkout”

Am I doing it wrong? I am getting a bit tired so I might be making a silly mistake…

...Still not working...that topic says “each single line” - its a csv file...its cells not lines?! I don’t understand. Just tried with the A1 “My Cart” B1 “Cart” like they have and that didn’t work. Am I really being thick? lol

Magento Community
Magento Community

levis

Total Posts:  8

how do i display Select store drop down in footer?I am not able to display it

Magento Community
Magento Community

AO

Total Posts:  3

Can anyone please help me out.

I have installed magento -1.3.2.4 with no sample data on my localmachine.
I have created 3 stores.
In my frontend there is no dropdown box of Select Store .
How i should visible this on my frontend as i have u make the tabs of particular store in one website.

Please give me the solution…

Thanks in Advance..

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rana Mubashar

Total Posts:  6

I also stuck on this matter. I am using magento 1.3.2.4 and created another store but there is no drop down box appeared on front end. Plz help us in this matter

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

thuongtin

Total Posts:  4

Thanks for support.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community