Magento Forum

Product Selection Wizard

AwakeDreamingUK

Total Posts:  5

I have a client that needs an E-Commerce system. The client is a high-end gift site, selling quite expensive gifts to go in very nice packaging. The product selection process goes like:
1) Choose Packaging (design of box, ribbon, etc)
2) Choose gift category
3) Choose gift

I’ve searched a few open source solutions and haven’t found anything that allows customers to choose products in this type of wizard/process. Can Magento achieve this?

I’ve had a look around and couldn’t see this, however I do really like everything else Magento has on offer. Unlike most other open source products, Magento seems to be very professional and very well designed. For example, the admin of OSCommerce and Magento is such a major contrast!

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Administrator

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

This will require customization.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AwakeDreamingUK

Total Posts:  5

Ah right. That’s a shame, although I did pretty much expect it as it iss quite unique functionality for a shop. Would you be able to give me an idea if it would be a difficult thing to achieve? Obviously it depends on my development experience, etc etc, but a rough idea of difficulty would be much appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

All About Doors and Windows

Total Posts:  51
Kansas City, MO USA

Just here because I was looking for the same thing. I would think if you used attributes for this purpose, then the product selection wizard could step you through one attribute at a time. But it still requires customization.

Magento Community
Magento Community

darrenloli

Total Posts:  2

I know this is old, but I KNOW there are others out there like me…
I’ve been searching for something similar for MONTHS and finally came across this… thought I’d share.

http://www.aitoc.com/en/magentomods_shopping_assistant.html#overview

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community