Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Moving The Newsletter Signup

mikej165

Total Posts:  89

I’m using the Modern theme and I’d like to be able to move the newsletter signup section from where it is (no one will see it) to some place else on the page or even to its own page. Ideally, I’d like to do both so that people will actually see it and also so, with its own page, I could link to it from elsewhere.

I’ve poked around the forums a bit and I haven’t seen any discussion of this. Can anyone offer some guidance?

Thanks much.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jrutter

Total Posts:  24

Id like to do something similar, any solutions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikej165

Total Posts:  89

I’m going to reply to my own post since I figured out how ridiculously easy this actually is. Just look at the HTML for your home page. Do a search for the text ‘newsletter’. Extract code that looks like the following:

<form action="http://yoursite.com/magento/newsletter/subscriber/new/" method="post" id="newsletter-validate-detail">
<fieldset class="mini-newsletter">
<legend>Newsletter</legend>

<label for="newsletter">Newsletter Sign-up:</label>
<div class="input-box"> <!-- Created for the validation error accomodation -->
<input name="email" type="text" id="newsletter" value="Enter your email address” class="required-entry validate-email input-text” />
</div>
<input type="image" src="http://yoursite.com/magento/skin/frontend/default/modern/images/btn_submit_mini.gif" value="Sign me up"/>
</fieldset>
</form>
<script type="text/javascript\">
<!--
var newsletterSubscriberFormDetail = new VarienForm(’newsletter-validate-detail’);
new Varien.searchForm(’newsletter-validate-detail’, ‘newsletter’, ‘Enter your email address’);
//-->
</script>

Drop that into the content section of your home pages and you’re in business. Customize the code as appropriate.

Note that this doesn’t REMOVE the original code, it just lets you add another subscription box in a more appropriate place on the home page. I haven’t yet figured out how to remove the original code from the template, but where it is right now can’t hurt.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community