Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Installing Magento on streamline.net Linux Servers

jonhurlock

Total Posts:  9
Swansea, UK

Im attempting to install Magento on to my account with streamline.net

I have had to modify the .htaccess found in the root folder. so it reads

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

<
IfModule mod_php5.c>

php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off
    php_flag short_open_tag on
</IfModule>

#DirectoryIndex index.php

RewriteEngine on

#RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/media/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/skin/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/js/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond 
%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond 
%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l
RewriteRule 
.* index.php [L]

</IfModule>
Without the additional conditionals,and the [L] the .htaccess file fails to run on the streamline servers.

Now that I have inserted the above conditional I can see the Installation pages, but am receiving the following errors, these are displaying at the top of the document before the doctype.

Warning: set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons in /thedirectory_on_my_server/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Install/controllers/WizardController.php on line 20
[0] in set_time_limit(120) in //thedirectory_on_my_server/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Install/controllers/WizardController.php on line 20
[1] in include("/thedirectory_on_my_server/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Install/controllers/Wiz") in /thedirectory_on_my_server/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php on line 122
[2] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Zend_Controller_Request_Http) in /thedirectory_on_my_server/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php on line 164
[3] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch() in /thedirectory_on_my_server/magento/app/Mage.php on line 378
[4] in Mage::run("base") in /thedirectory_on_my_server/magento/index.php on line 28

Can i just proceed with the install or if not what can I do to re-solve this problem. Another question I tried to continue the installation, just ignoring the above, as this installation wont be an actual site, i just want to test that it will work on my reseller hosting platform. Does mcrypt have to be turned on in the php.ini file? Because when I get to the Configuration stage, i have the following error:

PHP Extension “mcrypt” must be loaded

Or is it not loading a function correctly somewhere in an include? due to the errors above.

Any help would be appreciated. Regards,

Jon

P.S. You can see the phpinfo data for my site at http://jhlabs.co.uk/phpinfo.php

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jonhurlock

Total Posts:  9
Swansea, UK

Ron Seigel - 09 November 2007 06:04 PM

Did you read the system requirements?

Yes I did, your reply didn’t exactly answer my question.

However I found out that mcrypt & mhash must be installed and enabled using the php.ini file. At the moment streamline.net do NOT support this, sent a ticket to them asking them to install and enable it on their servers. Shall have to see what they send back to me.

If they refuse I will install it on my VPS account with webfusion or my account with dreamhosters.com, and see how that goes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PosAbilities

Total Posts:  1

Would be really interested to hear how you got on with Streamline.net.  I wish people would update their threads, as its really helpful for other people.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community