Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Recently Launched - Response Cosmetics - responsecosmetics.com

mrbernie

Total Posts:  5
Brisbane, AUSTRALIA

Hey all,

Firstly can I just say how much of a fresh change it has been working with Magento. I’ve experience with a few other shopping carts but none have compared to Magento in extendibility and power - can’t wait to see where the future takes Magento wink

Anyway, back on topic, a brand new store for Gold Coast-based Response Cosmetics was recently launched. Customisation was definitely a very large part of the job - however luckily the majority of it was focussed within the template(s) and very little within the actual Mage core itself - hopefully this means straightforward upgrades in the future smile

Would be interested in hearing other members’ opinions on the site. Hopefully the speed is acceptable - am still tweaking the server configuration to squeeze every little last drop out of it smile

Response Cosmetics - http://www.responsecosmetics.com/

Cheers,
Bernie Z

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

treycopeland

Total Posts:  2

I believe this one is my new favorite. Good job =)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Christian_Norway

Total Posts:  135

I like the site, gets a luxury touch to it… So I hope you are not competing on price, as the look resembles pricy products.

I also find the site somewhat hard to navigate… all text white just makes me feel a bit lost.. (sorry for being a bit harsh)

Magento Community
Magento Community

radders

Total Posts:  162

The site is good looking as just fast enough to keep the customers interested. On the flip side personally I find the black all a bit too much and the menu almost gets lost amongst all the other stuff. I assume that the delivery and help section you have there is just a placeholder for the real one when you go live.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrbernie

Brisbane, AUSTRALIA

Christian_Norway - 05 August 2008 06:20 AM

I like the site, gets a luxury touch to it… So I hope you are not competing on price, as the look resembles pricy products. I also find the site somewhat hard to navigate… all text white just makes me feel a bit lost.. (sorry for being a bit harsh)

All criticism is welcome, thanks Christian! I can see your point on the white text, however I don’t think there much room to move with this one. I’ll have a bit more of a play around though and see if I can make it a little easier on the eyes with emphasis on reading. Thanks again!

radders - 05 August 2008 06:54 AM

The site is good looking as just fast enough to keep the customers interested. On the flip side personally I find the black all a bit too much and the menu almost gets lost amongst all the other stuff. I assume that the delivery and help section you have there is just a placeholder for the real one when you go live.

radders - almost the opposite to what Christian (above) said smile I actually found that the site suffered on lower-end monitors (especially laptop screens), with certain features becoming indistinguishable from the background, etc. I might have to revisit the design on this basis and make some slight changes.

Also - the Delivery and Help section is the responsibility of the client. I’d believe that it’s probably just been tweaked from the standard Magento-install text, and it seems suitable at quick glance. What else could you suggest?

Thanks again for the feedback guys!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Joachim

Total Posts:  133
Netherlands

Yes, great luxury look..but it is to busy..

e.g. the product list, the focus is at:

1. Showing All Products
2. Back to Paginated View

instead of the products.

And the product navigation is really hard to find.

You should really think about what is important and what is less. Use this to make some minor changes and it will be much better, the potential is there.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MandaGC

Total Posts:  4

I love it!!  What a fantastic site.  smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

tomislavbilic

Total Posts:  69
Osijek, Croatia

I also love this one. Maybe one of the best I’ve seen lately in this forum.

I would just try to calm font sizes and colors. Although the variations are small, there are simply to many of them and some elements looks messy because of it.

But, great work in general.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrbernie

Brisbane, AUSTRALIA

Thanks again for the extra suggestions! Am taking note of all of them and intend to implement changes which address them in the next release. This’ll happen once agreements have been finalised with the client - these things always take time. smile

Really look forward to building some more ecommerce sites!

Cheers,
Bernie

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community