Magento Forum

Attribute with “price” type is not displayed as a price

Seagull Gifts

Total Posts:  9

Hi,

I created a new attribute called “Recommended Retail Price”, its type is “price” . When adding a new product, this attribute input on the forum is displayed exactly like the product price which is fine.

Now the problem I get is how this attribute is displayed under “Additional information”. It is displayed as a decimal number instead of be displayed as a price, like the product price....

Does anyone know how to fix that? I still do not know if it is a bug or not so I’d like some feedback on that.

Thanks a lot,

Philippe

Image Attachments
Screenshot.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Money

Total Posts:  3

Have you got it to shown on your website - if so how? I havent worked this out yet.

Have you tried going into the Product Attribute and under “Input Validation for Store Owner” leaving this as none? Maybe set to decimal number

Magento Community
Magento Community

Seagull Gifts

Have you got it to shown on your website - if so how? I havent worked this out yet.

What do you mean? Yes I have got it to shown on my website, have a look at the screenshot bellow to see how it is set up.

Everything seems to be all right, I am wondering if it is not a problem with the template...I use the default one.

Thanks for your help.

Image Attachments
Screenshot.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

Money

Total Posts:  3

Ive got exactly the same screenshot as you but when i look at my products, there is no retail price?!

Think I need to update my magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

Seagull Gifts

No, the thing is that it is a attribute I have created… So it is not a system attribute.... That’s why I’m wondering if it is not a bug when you created a “price” typed attribute…

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeff.d

Total Posts:  103

I’m running into this as well. I’ll check to see if a bug report has been submitted.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeff.d

Total Posts:  103

Submitted big ID #8020

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community