Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Zend Framework Question

Crestien

Total Posts:  1

This question is a little off the topic of Magento, but one I believe the community and definitely the Magento team could answer very well.  I’ve been working with PHP for about 5-6 years.  I’ve always been a small shop guy, jack of all trades kind of position, but over the years I think I’ve read quite a bit and learned a lot in the active PHP community.  I’m always looking to speed up my coding time, use more robust and secure code, and push myself in terms of knowledge.  I know you use the Zend Framework here and I’ve been very interested in frameworks but the task of learning them has always seemed quite daunting.  So here’s the question:

How did you go about learning the Zend Framework and has it proven truly beneficial to your team?

I’m sure based on the replies I’ll have more questions, but I am just desperately trying to keep up in this rapidly evolving landscape of web development.  My company has recently employed a Graphic Designer and we’ve started turning down IT troubleshooting, repair, and setup type jobs so now I can really focus on what makes me happy....  fast, scalable, clean, and secure PHP code that I can feel good about creating!!

Oh also, I’m beyond sick of ZenCart and looking very forward to the awesomeness that is Magento.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community