Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

BEST SERVER SETTING TO HOST MAGENTO

iPhony

Total Posts:  37

I would like in this post to discuss the best server settings to host magento. Everyone is having such a hard time setting up the htaccess file.
Since magento developers define what magento settings need, we would appreciate their response as to a suggested server setting/packages necessary for a successful and optimized way to run magento. Can a magento developer capture and attach their server’s info?

Also is it possible to get a LAMP server image file or configuration script to achieve a good level of security and the best setting for Magento?

Thanks for responding.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

joya-joya

Total Posts:  28

I’d love an optimized setup as well. Magento’s demo store runs blazing fast, however mine is not that fast. I’d love to know what their server setup and settings are so I could achieve such speeds.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Roly

Total Posts:  276

I would like in this post to discuss the best server settings to host magento. Everyone is having such a hard time setting up the htaccess file.

I don’t see why you need to make changes to .htaccess file. My magento store works fine with the default .htaccess. No changes needed.

Since magento developers define what magento settings need, we would appreciate their response as to a suggested server setting/packages necessary for a successful and optimized way to run magento. Can a magento developer capture and attach their server’s info?

You can look into optimize your apache & probably add in some caching feature for your PHP..

Also is it possible to get a LAMP server image file or configuration script to achieve a good level of security and the best setting for Magento?

No. There is no such one-time image file setup to achieve security & settling for magento. All of these require some manual work.
For server security & optimization, you will need to find a server management company to do that for you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

Here are two quick tweaks that will improve performance:

- Install a PHP op-code cache (APC, eAccelerator, XCache..)
- Enable the MySQL Query Cache
(see: http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/performance-is-key-notes-on-magentos-performance/)

Also, enabling output compression in the .htaccess may have an positive effect on the page loading times, but it will also increase the CPU load. You can try to uncomment the following line to see if it makes a difference:

# php_flag zlib.output_compression on

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community