Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Any sample themes please? 

Ron77

Total Posts:  47

Hi All,
1. Are there any sample themes (other than Modern?) I need them basically to understand how it works, and to create one of my own.
2. About Modern: Why can’t we just download the files? If it is just a simple file structure that needs to be added under app/design/frontend, then why don’t you, guys at Magento, let us (as an option), have them directly, in a simple zip file? I don’t know what this magento connect is doing, and I would like to maintain some degree of control over the project.
Thanks,
Ron

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanb
Mentor

Total Posts:  1093
London, United Kingdom

hey ron,

i recall seing a post from a company magento-themes.com?? or something similar to that effect that has one or two free themes.

in regards to point.2 I agree I wondered about this also, but i can see their process works well, as it will ensure your version is compatible with the theme you are trying to install. I ened up just setting up multiple dev wesbites to play with..
Ive been modifying the modern theme, using firebug to view the css+html, its been workiing well for me so-far.

hth

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ron77

Thanks for the tips.
They are called now http://www.ecommerce-themes.com/ . Magento didn’t allow that guy to include the word magento in his site’s name. I wonder if they can do that, but he chose to respect the request and changed the name.
Thanks,
Ron

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ron77

Oh, and there was another one, Taleo, but it is unavalable now. The owner, Scott, has removed the download link, he says it is “outdated”. Maybe not matching the last version of magento.
And there is another site that gives some free themes: magthemes.com . I will take a look at that.

r

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community