Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
‘Custom Options’ lacks inventory feature

balero

Total Posts:  170
埼玉県所沢市

There could be an easier interface layer put on top of configurable products, where you add the colors, sizes, etc., and the combinations are auto-generated. Then perhaps you could uncheck some possibilities that shouldn’t exist (maybe your XXXL size only comes in black, not white).

Also, configurable products should not have a SKU. Only the individual component products of the configurable products are actual products, and should have an SKU. SKUs are unique identifiers for actual products that you can sell and have specific inventory for, as fungible items. A configurable product is an abstract grouping of actual, concrete products that each differ from one another.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chadsaun

Total Posts:  3

I agree.  We were thinking about using Magento, but since we sell customizable products, it would be a total waste of our time to create 300,000 simple products for one product!

Magento Community
Magento Community

DaniloMartino

Total Posts:  15
Verona

Hi.
I have a problem with Magento ver. 1.4.0.1.
I want to use custom options in Shopping Cart Price Rule (in other words I want to creare a shoppinng rule for discount use custom options defined for a simple product or a configurable product).

How can I do?
Thanks for all.

Magento Community
Magento Community

joshkersh1983

Total Posts:  11

hi all,

our developer found a solution to our custom options, stock control problem! http://www.the-beadshop.co.uk

i was about to explain how they did but couldnt. lol

contact these guys and they will help you:
http://www.camiloo.co.uk/

Magento Community
Magento Community

DaniloMartino

Total Posts:  15
Verona

Hi.
Thanks.
I wrote to http://www.camiloo.co.uk/.
I hope to find a solution for our problem..

Magento Community
Magento Community

Antonimo

Total Posts:  51
Sweden

tatabu - 22 April 2010 12:24 AM

Hi.
Thanks.
I wrote to http://www.camiloo.co.uk/.
I hope to find a solution for our problem..

Have you heard anything from them yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Grut

Total Posts:  164
Ukraine

Also, Store Manager for Magento allows to create configurable products fast and without time and energy loss

Magento Community
Magento Community

cristianrossi

Total Posts:  1

balero - 03 January 2010 11:56 PM

There could be an easier interface layer put on top of configurable products, where you add the colors, sizes, etc., and the combinations are auto-generated. Then perhaps you could uncheck some possibilities that shouldn’t exist (maybe your XXXL size only comes in black, not white).

Also, configurable products should not have a SKU. Only the individual component products of the configurable products are actual products, and should have an SKU. SKUs are unique identifiers for actual products that you can sell and have specific inventory for, as fungible items. A configurable product is an abstract grouping of actual, concrete products that each differ from one another.

That already exists.....create your configurable product, add all info it should have, save it, open your configurable product, click on the last item on the left menu ("Associated Products")

There you go, create as many simple products (variations) your configurable product has. Simple and fast.

Magento Community
Magento Community

longlong

Total Posts:  5

thanks for your reply,
Christian louboutin Shoes

Magento Community
Magento Community

ensar demirkan

Total Posts:  14

SOAMJENA - 26 November 2009 08:40 AM

This is a stupid thing !!

A eCommerce app which claims to be the best so far dont have an option, which should be like in a TOP TEN features ?

Am i going crazy to see,its not there ??

And Creating 100 products for 1 product’s 100 variation is just like a SHIT!

Configurable product is just USELESS!!

How can you think, a Store Manager is going to fuel one fuel tank 100 times, which he can do it one shot ??

There should be a workaround for this and this workflow of CONFIGURABLE PRODUCT should be removed completely…

99.9% of Magento users have this question. BUT I KNOW, NO ONE WILL EVER REPLY HERE ...

I could not agree more.. Especially “being able to add weight to the custom options” is a MUST… How just so simple thing can be overlooked… Especially after so many people have been crying out to get this feature and so many upgrades have been done to Magento since this and similar post started. Over all I LOVE magento.. But two things have been real handicaps for me.. I have several vendors and I must be able to get freight&mail;quotations from the ORIGIN of the shipment. Not my physical address. Since I sell furniture the shipment costs vary a lot. Especially in USA, a huge country.. It is doable with some commercial extensions.. I tried one and working great.. but is going to cost me over 400 USD..(for God’s sake, for 400 USD there are shopping carts ready with this drop ship option.. but they lack many things I like about magento..), Second one has been, and still is, this issue. Having to create 100 Items for one item’s variations to get a healthy weight.... it is just NUTS. I am not building a custom made computer so “configurable products” is not what I need. I know that I haven’t paid a penny for this robust platform… So I have no right to complain.. Especially knowing the fact that there is not a perfect solution out there even among the expensive options..  But this is a so simple feature.. I wish I knew how to code.. would have made a free extension for it smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Giannis-M-

Total Posts:  24
Greece

For anyone looking to add weight as an option to the custom options here is a great post: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/73036/P15/

If you get the message \"Can\’t add product to the shopping cart\” do what the post # 6 instructs you.

Works perfect!

Magento Community
Magento Community

samsmiles

Total Posts:  2

Camiloo have been very helpful - what are your experiences with them? I had to wait a while for a solution but you could say it was worth it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

justintime67

Total Posts:  188

more information samsmiles?

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageWorxcom
Guru

Total Posts:  410
Washington DC Metro Area, US

Hello,

Finally we added inventory option to custom options functionality in our Advanced Product Options extension. Now it’s possible to specify qnty for each value of a custom option, disable/hide “out of stock” options.
Among other features that were added in Advanced Product Options v1.1.0 are images for custom options and absolute pricing of custom options.

You can check all the features here http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/MageWorx.com/extension/2606/advanced-product-options

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ricardo_Martins

Total Posts:  48
Santos, SP, Brazil

Does anyone knows about a free one?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community