Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
‘Custom Options’ lacks inventory feature

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

I’d have just realized with Custom Options I can’t keep track of Inventory for Colors, Sizes etc . Shouldn’t this important feature included???

You give us ‘Custom Options’ because we complain Configuration is cumbersome to add custom options, now we have it, but you forgot to give us Inventory tracking, that makes the ‘Custom Options’ pretty useless.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

danieln

Total Posts:  131
Mainz, Germany

Hello,

I was also a bit disappointed in the custom options feature. Inventory track is a must have feature. Otherwise I kinda misses the point.

Would be great if this becomes available soon.

Best regards,
Daniel

Magento Community
Magento Community

liotropi

Total Posts:  182
Athens, Greece

I would suggest adding weight also to custom options. Necessary for shipments rates.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gregg

Total Posts:  14

I second the weight attribute.

What is the purpose of Custom Options anyway? I find the Configurable product a bit overkill for simply offering 2 sizes of something, but if I only have one weight attribute it messes with shipping

Magento Community
Magento Community

jsperri

Total Posts:  126
Fistufle

I have just filled an enhancement request on this topic in the bug tracker:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=3650

Magento Community
Magento Community

imagebox

Total Posts:  18

When is this going to happen? This is a must!

Magento Community
Magento Community

soleandblues

Total Posts:  25
St. Louis

Bump. Any word?

Magento Community
Magento Community

GS Tony

Total Posts:  21
Santa Monica

Yes, I’m sure this would be a huge asset for many people, myself included!!! 

I’ve tried all the options in trying to find a solution—configurable products, bundled products, configurable products using the Simple Configurable Products extension—and none of these options will work correctly for me.  Simply being able to add weight (like price) to custom options on a simple product would do the trick and make life grand.  It would also simplify things enormously since my products are made-to-order (no inventory).  So instead of configuring a hundred simple products into a configurable product (which won’t work for me anyway due to price calculation issues), I could have one simple product with all the custom options that I need; some of which add weight.

The Simple Configurable Products extension—http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/596/simple-configurable-products—is very close, but since it doesn’t allow custom options, it’s out for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

joshkersh1983

Total Posts:  11

We really need ‘Custom Options’ inventory feature, any one had enjoy find out how this might be done????

Magento Community
Magento Community

Adjustware
Guru

Total Posts:  654

This would be a nice feature, however it can make magento even more complex and slow ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

joshkersh1983

Total Posts:  11

thanks for your reply,

i was looking around and found this extension, its a different angle, but would you think this might solve our problem?

http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/1893/webshopapps-cross-product-price-tiers

here’s our website if this helps:

http://beadshop.websavestheday.com/

Magento Community
Magento Community

mo.mughrabi

Total Posts:  7

hi,
is there a way to control inventory based on custom options?? am having trouble managing my store because of this, any news on an extension that can do that or if the new release of magento has this feature?

Magento Community
Magento Community

computerdemon

Total Posts:  1

BUMP!  Anyone found a solution yet?  I would really like to have the option to add weight as a custom option.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Prattski

Total Posts:  54

That is the whole point of configurable products - you have a simple product record for every SKU that you have so that you can keep inventory of them, and individual weights.  Custom Options are not designed to maintain inventory - they are a simple/quick way to add options when inventory isn’t important and you don’t want to bother having to add a configurable product (and a simple product for every SKU option).  You are basically asking that custom options become what configurable products already are.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageClub
Guru

Total Posts:  386
India

This is a stupid thing !!

A eCommerce app which claims to be the best so far dont have an option, which should be like in a TOP TEN features ?

Am i going crazy to see,its not there ??

And Creating 100 products for 1 product’s 100 variation is just like a SHIT!

Configurable product is just USELESS!!

How can you think, a Store Manager is going to fuel one fuel tank 100 times, which he can do it one shot ??

There should be a workaround for this and this workflow of CONFIGURABLE PRODUCT should be removed completely…

99.9% of Magento users have this question. BUT I KNOW, NO ONE WILL EVER REPLY HERE ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

kapilreddy

Total Posts:  14

Prattski - 25 November 2009 12:54 PM

That is the whole point of configurable products - you have a simple product record for every SKU that you have so that you can keep inventory of them, and individual weights.  Custom Options are not designed to maintain inventory - they are a simple/quick way to add options when inventory isn’t important and you don’t want to bother having to add a configurable product (and a simple product for every SKU option).  You are basically asking that custom options become what configurable products already are.

Yeah I agree with your point. I am not able to perceive the problem since there is already a solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3