Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

how do I put images in the product pages? 

griefex

Total Posts:  52
Malta

Hi,
I am adding products at the moment, but when I go to the images section in the products page to upload the images:

First it asks to upload from the local hard drive.
Then after I upload and it says is uploaded, I save but the pages just goes out to the login panel. Meaning it logs me out of the system. And the image does not appear when i try to browse from the site.
Any ideas?

Or maybe I can upload images in a differnet way? Having them uploaded through FTP or file manager and then choose to import image which already exists on the server?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

Total Posts:  308

When you upload them in the product page dont save. Once you have “browsed” and “uploaded” tick all three of the boxes to the right of the image. Then move onto the next and rest of the sections. Once you have added everything for the product save the product the image will be there.

Alternatively you can upload images with products when bulk uploading via .csv simple put “/[image name]” in the image cell in your .csv file. Before uploading the .csv file put all the images into [root]/media/import then upload the .csv and they will be attached.

Done. Hopefully.

Magento Community
Magento Community

griefex

Malta

Hi that did not work for me. It still does the same. Can you explain better for the CSV thing?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

Using the .csv file you need to put the name of the image in the image field as mentioned above.

/imagename.jpg

and before you upload, put the images of the same name into your [root]/media/import directory for your website (use ftp).

Hope that makes sense. IF not I will go and find the topic that I found that explained it to me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

griefex

Malta

If you can please find it for me? Do you have another alternative for the CSV just in case? Is it a bug in Magento?
Or I can upload the images in a different way?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

this is the topic: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/6971/#t25986

---

You should be able to just “browse” and “upload” a product in the product creator. You want me to have a look for you? I wont change anything just go to a product and try to upload a picture. If so PM me your admin web address, user and pass mate.

Magento Community
Magento Community

griefex

Malta

Thanks for the link, I will take a look if it doesn’t work out I will let you know.

Thks again

Magento Community
Magento Community

griefex

Malta

by any chance do you know how to change

* Site Map
* Search Terms
* Advanced Search
* Contact Us

in the footer pls? Actually I need to remove them. I tried to remove them from the categorysearch.xml and category.xml but they still are showing!  confused

Also I cannot find a way to edit the colour in the footer..can anyone direct me which is the css file for the footer or the file pls?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community