Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Minimum Qty for Configurable Products

ptjedi

Total Posts:  250
Porto, Portugal

Hi there,

I just realized that Configurable products does not work well with the concept of minimum quantities. Let’s say I have an outfit that has 3 or 4 sizes and I wish my customers are only allowed to buy a minimum of 3 units. At the moment, it is only possible if the customer selects 3 “sizes L” or 3 “sizes M”. There should be some way to allow mixing of sizes, where 2 “L sizes” and 1 “M Size” would do the trick and allow the configurable product to be bought.

ATM, the only solution I have found is to create a Bundle, then specify three Bundle Items, and allow inside each Item the chosing of any pre-created size articles.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ptjedi

Porto, Portugal

I reinforce my request because I believe it is an important one. Zen Cart, for example, has already this feature (even though it’s background inventory managrment system is far more simple).

What I propose is the following:
Grouped, Configurable and Bundle should have their own minimum quantities in a general way that can override (or not) the specific minimum quantity of each item.
This overide should be simple to implement since it would “turn off” the minimum quantities for each individual product and allow the user to specify the general quantity of items (five minimum can be fulfilled with two size L’s, three size M’s, for example). In Bundle articles, there can be even a minimum for each choice…

Thanks for everything!

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeff252

Total Posts:  4

I am also looking for this feature.  ptjedi - did you ever find a solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ptjedi

Porto, Portugal

Negative. I have already submitted this issue on Bug Tracking (as a feature, of course) but it has not diserved any attention. Considering the high level of programming that Magento has, I almost cannot believe this feature was not implemented right from the beginning. All we have to do is wait smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Red Gamut

Total Posts:  3
Maine, USA

Minimums could be calculated at the shopping cart, but this is a user experience nightmare when you have a customer flipping back and forth between the item page and the shopping cart.

Take a look at Victorias Secret (link is SFW) http://tinyurl.com/6cw7we Click on the “Add more at a time” link.

This would be the best way to calculate minimums for multiple styles/skus on a page.  This would also solve problems for adding tiered priced items to the cart.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeff252

Yes.  I love how it works on Victoria’s Secret’s site.  I wish I knew how to build that into Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ptjedi

Porto, Portugal

@Red Gamut
That’s how old Zen Cart does. It calculates at Shopping cart level and not “inside” the Add to Cart step.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bivek3

Total Posts:  56
Nepal

Please see this post and reply:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/25393/

Thnk you

Magento Community
Magento Community

patrickvdl

Has this function been implemented into Magento yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community