Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Inline translation problem

bijoulune

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I’m now on the 1.1.1 version and even if I have enable the inline translation in the Admin>System>Configuration>Developer Menu, when I click the SUBMIT button after have entered the text in the translation box, nothing happen, the box doesn’t dissapear and nothing gets saved.

The inline translation worked like a charm in the previous version !
Anyone know what can cause this problem? and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Julie

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pilch

Total Posts:  23
Westcountry, UK

Hi there bijoulune,

I myself have just stumbled into this same issue now.

I even removed any IP restrictions but it appears that any inline translations carried out aren’t saved, even with a clean refresh (CTRL+SHIFT+F5)

I would hazard a guess and say that the permissions aren’t set on a file somewhere but I don’t know which file or where it lives smile

Regards,

Rich.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pilch

Westcountry, UK

pilch - 15 August 2008 01:22 AM

Hi there bijoulune,

I myself have just stumbled into this same issue now.

I even removed any IP restrictions but it appears that any inline translations carried out aren’t saved, even with a clean refresh (CTRL+SHIFT+F5)

I would hazard a guess and say that the permissions aren’t set on a file somewhere but I don’t know which file or where it lives smile

Regards,

Rich.

Ok, so I’ve taken some time to do carry out some ‘grep’ commands to track down where these files sit.

From what I can gather after issuing a grep “You have no items in your shopping cart” /public_html/magento_install_dir it reported back a result matching which was great!

The files in question are all .csv files bijoulune and specifically, the one I was shown was in /app/locale/en_US/ called Mage_Checkout.csv

Now the question is am I feeling brave enough to play with the file permissions, currently they’re all set too 644, I did, changed to 666, changed the inline text, saved, refreshed, no difference.  Set back file perms to 644.

For what it’s worth bijou, the relating .phtml file is /app/design/frontend/default/default/template/checkout/cart/sidebar.phtml

Well, that’s a bit more information on this one, hope you get on alright and/or someone else picks up on this and guides us through.

Regards,

Rich.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pilch

Westcountry, UK

God damn it, I’ve found the answer!

A classic lesson learnt re: Your RESULTS are only as good as your SEARCH querries.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/17188/ has the answer.  I did exactly that and it’s fine.  Including the Translations in as part of the Cache Management, hence why it used to work but it doesn’t (didn’t) now.

Wohoo… now what was I changing?, oh yeah, ‘cart’ to ‘basket’

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community