Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Easy simple product creation script changes

zep007

Total Posts:  131
Connecticut

I want to have the Quick simple product creation (in the associated products section of the product page) generate products a little differently.  I need to do the following:

A)
Generate a SKU more accurately.  Right now it throws a dash between the options, which adds extra dashes to my products’ sku, making the sku displayed incorrectly.  I need to remove this dash

B)
It would be helpful to have the quick simple product creation area include a button to auto generate every possible combination of a product, then you could select the check boxes of the products that are available, and leave the products that have combinations not possible unchecked (Only because I have some products that will create 2000 simple products )

C)
Also, some of my skus only share the middle of the sku.  I love the way I can drag the options to reorganize them when creating the quick associated products, but there should be another option, with the sku of the product that has just been created - that can be dragged above or below the other options, which I would like to see if I can make happen.

If any one could point me in the right direction as to what file(s) are used to run the quick simple product creation script, as well as any more info or experiences experimenting with this, that would be great!

Thanks everyone in advance!  We LOVE Magento!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Madrilene

Total Posts:  17

Hi Zep007,
i second your ask in retrurn as i have exactly the same needs.
For your information, do youknow that the french open source software Prestahop did already provide the automatic combination helper
( http://www.prestashop.com/wiki/Attributes_and_attribute_groups/#Using_the_Product_combinations_generator

Madrilene

Magento Community
Magento Community

zep007

Connecticut

Madrilene,

Yes, Ive seen your post in other threads, this is something that will soon be solved (hopefully) all I really need is a helping hand to help me understand how this part of Magento works (what files are needed, how the function works) and I could start on fixing it myself.  Otherwise Prestashop does look pretty good, but Magento’s layered navigation wins hands down.  Hopefully a Team Member can shed a little light on this subject…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Madrilene

Total Posts:  17

ok
i can’t help you because i’m a newbie and don’t know anything about coding…

so team’s help is needed (and wanted) !

Let me know if you get a solution
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

zep007

Connecticut

Will anyone lend a hand?

Magento Community
Magento Community

zep007

Connecticut

Even an idea of where the files are located???

Magento Community
Magento Community

zep007

Connecticut

{BUMP}

Magento Community
Magento Community

zep007

Connecticut

How about just a quick hack to remove that DASH being thrown into SKU??

Magento Community
Magento Community

silverpenhouse

Total Posts:  72
Virginia

Madrilene - 04 August 2008 02:38 AM

Hi Zep007,
i second your ask in retrurn as i have exactly the same needs.
For your information, do youknow that the french open source software Prestahop did already provide the automatic combination helper
( http://www.prestashop.com/wiki/Attributes_and_attribute_groups/#Using_the_Product_combinations_generator

Madrilene

An automatic combination helper, like the one in Prestashop, would be such a great feature.

Also has anyone determined where the files are located? I’ve been searching for the past little while.

Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community