Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
SSL Cert and Magento

Danashton

Total Posts:  50

From My Cart, there is the choice of GoogleCheckout, or Proceed to Checkout (no mention of paypal).

If I click on Googlecheckout it takes me off the site to Googlecheckout, so that works.

If I click on Proceed to Checkout, it takes me to the Onepage checkout, which only shows the Paypal option. If you click on Place Order it just takes you back round to the Shopping Cart, without going to the Paypal site.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

make sure in System..Configuration...Payment Methods (or sometohing like that) that ou have enabled Paypal Express enabled,and also under Paypalccounts you have to fill in your credentials

Magento Community
Magento Community

Danashton

Total Posts:  50

It’s the Paypal Website standard that I’m using, rather than Express, and I’ve enabled it and entered my credentials but it still takes me back to my cart instead of the Paypal website. And it’s getting frustrating!

Magento Community
Magento Community

magentomatt

Total Posts:  37

AnnaM: thanks for the info.  Any advice on uploading 1000 or so .jpg’s?

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

magentomatt - 11 August 2008 12:22 PM

AnnaM: thanks for the info.  Any advice on uploading 1000 or so .jpg’s?

chuckle, who is it, Nike that says Just Do It. LOL However yoiu do need to be advised on pics. If you are using magento to create your product and upload the pic, it does it for you.  If you plan to import your products via csv file, the pics need to go in a completely different folder and you have to upload them yourself. 

I persaonlly tried both ways, and found csv to be a pita, and like just using magento and making the pic about 275 square, and upload just the one pic per product, and tag it to be used for all 3 things, thumb etc.  Magento seems to resize them just fine.  At least thats what works for me. 

As you can see though, I do not use any of the other views and the slider etc, its cookware, not sure how many views a person would want, so I removed all that and just put my logo there.
one example, and all my pages are like this.  and it happened by using magento admin to create products, upload one pic the size I mentioned, and tagging it for all 3 images
http://www.epicurecookware.com/gourmet-standard/triply-stainless-steel/triply-stainless-steel-products/casserole-3qt-gs.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2