Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento “full” version works, “lite” version doesn’t

inxilpro

Total Posts:  17

OK, here’s my problem.  When I try to install the “lite” version of Magento I get all sort of class not found errors.  First it was:

PHP Fatal error:  Class ‘Mage_Core_Model_App’ not found in /www/store/app/Mage.php on line 351

So I went into app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php and added two lines of code:

header('X-Debug-00001: Mage_Core_Model_App (outside)'); // Added outside the class definition
header('X-Debug-00002: Mage_Core_Model_App (inside)');  // Added in constructor

And I used the Firefox Live HTTP Headers extension to check for my debug headers.  Odd thing is, they both showed up, and now there’s a new error:

PHP Fatal error:  Class ‘Varien_Simplexml_Config’ not found in /www/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config/Base.php on line 32

So I open up app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php and add a few more debugging lines inside the __autoload function:

header('X-Log-' substr(microtime(true), -8) . '-1: ' 'Class Name = ' $class);
header('X-Log-' substr(microtime(true), -8) . '-2: ' 'Class File = ' $classFile);

And I get all the expected debug messages:

X-Log-361.7727-1: Class Name = Mage_Core_Model_App
X-Log-361.7728-2: Class File = Mage/Core/Model/App.php
X-Debug-00001: Mage_Core_Model_App (outside)
X-Debug-00002: Mage_Core_Model_App (inside)
X-Log-361.7731-1: Class Name = Varien_Event_Collection
X-Log-361.7731-2: Class File = Varien/Event/Collection.php
X-Log-361.7733-1: Class Name = Varien_Event_Observer_Collection
X-Log-361.7733-2: Class File = Varien/Event/Observer/Collection.php
X-Log-361.7735-1: Class Name = Mage_Core_Model_Config
X-Log-361.7735-2: Class File = Mage/Core/Model/Config.php
X-Log-361.7738-1: Class Name = Mage_Core_Model_Config_Base
X-Log-361.7738-2: Class File = Mage/Core/Model/Config/Base.php
X-Log-4361.774-1: Class Name = Varien_Simplexml_Config
X-Log-4361.774-2: Class File = Varien/Simplexml/Config.php
X-Log-361.7742-1: Class Name = Varien_Simplexml_Config
X-Log-361.7742-2: Class File = Varien/Simplexml/Config.php

As you can see, it’s auto loading lib/Varien/Simplexml/Config.php but I’m still getting the error.

After a while I decided to try something.  I knew that it had worked with the “full” install, so I downloaded that again, extracted it, and navigated to its directory… and it worked.  It immediately redirected me to the /magento/install URL and prompted me to agree to the license.

So now I’m pretty stumped.  The __autoload function in both versions is exactly the same, and as far as I can tell the directory structure is too… does anyone have an idea about what’s going on?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

inxilpro

I moved the entire magento/lib dir and magento/app/code/core/Mage dir from the “full” install to my “lite” install, and it worked, sort-of.  It didn’t give me the same errors, but the display of the installer was screwed up in a bunch of ways.  Can anyone tell what the specific differences are between the two systems so I can copy the right files?

Magento Community
Magento Community

inxilpro

When I add another header() call to lib/Varien/Simplexml/Config.php the error moves again (this time to Zend_Cache).  I can’t for the life of me figure this out.  Anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

I would guess something changes when you save the file.. encoding or line endings perhaps?

could you just save the next file with the problem and see if that helps?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

inxilpro - 07 November 2007 12:01 PM

Can anyone tell what the specific differences are between the two systems so I can copy the right files?

Hi inxilpro,

There’s no difference in code between light and full packages except app/code/core/Mage/Core/sql/core_setup folder content.
And for sure there’s also 45 Mbytes of product images under media folder.
That’s all.
If you hove any other differences please make sure you have a full and a light package of the same version.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

inxilpro

Good call.  I extracted the files locally and then uploaded them (rather than just untarring them on the server) and that worked like a charm.  It is odd, though, that the full version works just fine but the lite doesn’t.  Were they packaged differently?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

inxilpro - 07 November 2007 01:17 PM

Were they packaged differently?

No, there’s no difference in there.

Magento Community
Magento Community