Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Environment configuration that Magento Team use for work. 

anas

Total Posts:  10

Hi.

We work with Magento few weeks. We start our “travel” from troubles with installation. Almost all problems that we have were caused by the server configuration, so we must test application in many kind of environments.

Maybe Magento Team can describe in what environment they work.
For example:

- \What type of PHP version (not only line 5.x, etc – best way is to give users phpinfo() screenshot or copy, link, etc.) you use
- What is your MySQL version – for example 4.1.3 stable, etc.
- What type and versions of PHP extensions you have installed
- What type and line of WWW server you have (for example apache 1.3.x or 2.x)
- Other important information’s about environment
- On what type of OS you test Magento

I think this should help many people that think about professional using of Magento and give them chance to don’t waste their time for testing how application works in different environments.

Maybe someone from Magento Team can answer what do you think about this?

Robert.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

[db] DigitalBlueprint

Total Posts:  37
Eastbourne, UK

I have set up my production environment on a Slicehost VPS running Ubunto Dapper. Details are as follows:

* PHP 5.2.4 - custom configured for Litespeed
* MySQL 5.0.22 - standard ubuntu package
* Litespeed 3.2.3

The PHP configuration had to be adapted to make sure all the required modules were available for Magento to run…

./configure' '--prefix=/usr/local/php5' '--with-config-file-path=/home/bedroom/configs' '--with-litespeed' '--with-mysql' '--with-mysqli' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--with-gd' '--with-jpeg-dir=..' '--with-png-dir=..' '--enable-mbstring' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-zlib' '--with-curl' '--with-pdo' '--with-pdo-mysql'

Magento Community
Magento Community

iPhony

Total Posts:  37

I am surprised that no magento tech guy has responded to this unless they did in a different link. I think this is very important and they could just give us a copy of their phpinfo().

Magento Community
Magento Community

Total Posts:  76
UK

iPhony - 08 November 2007 07:13 PM

I am surprised that no magento tech guy has responded to this unless they did in a different link. I think this is very important and they could just give us a copy of their phpinfo().

I’m not, you have the system requirements (http://www.magentocommerce.com/system-requirements), you shouldn’t need anything else.

It’s not their fault dozens of you are trying to install on crappy cheap shared hosting or half baked home setups rasberry

Magento Community
Magento Community

anas

Total Posts:  10

sticky - 09 November 2007 07:09 AM

I’m not, you have the system requirements (http://www.magentocommerce.com/system-requirements), you shouldn’t need anything else.

It’s not their fault dozens of you are trying to install on crappy cheap shared hosting or half baked home setups rasberry

You are wrong, because as I described problem is when you think about professional using of Magento, with dedicated server – standalone machine.
In my company we have our own infrastructure based on unix and windows server operating systems. Also we have many differ versions of MySQL – when we use stable version of MySQL 5.0.x (latest one) – Magento crashes when we want to edit attributes – it dosen’t happened with MySQL 4.1.x (latest one) – so we need to do many test.

If Magento team give us version numbers of MySQL, PHP, and loaded extensions that they use, there is little possibility that Magento crashes in typical situation – also we will be able to focus on implementation Magento plugins for local market and also to connect its functionality with dedicated templates. Now we spent many time for looking why the basic function crashes – in my opinion the biggest problem is not the bugs in application, but the bugs and differences between the environments.

Robert.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community