Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Import from zencart using oscommerce mod creates a bunch of stores

jackstraw

Total Posts:  62
Carbondale,Colorado

The title pretty much sums it up.  I was able to import a zencart site into Magento but, for some reason, it creates around 6 different stores in the process and the same number of “master categories”, all named the same. The actual categories and products wind up in only one of the stores.

I deleted all of the extraneous categories.  I can’t sort out how to delete the extra stores.

So, I have one extra master category now(one created with profile?) and a bunch of stores I don’t need.

In a nutshell, I now have a default category and then another default category named useofforcegear(one I had to create for the import process).  The latter of the two is where the products and categories live.

How can I import the store into my pre-existing default store without creating new ones and a bunch of corresponding root categories. I am basically trying to import the site as I would ordinarily set it up.  I don’t need another store, just one.

hope that makes sense.
Nigel

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jawshchevyvan

Total Posts:  20

Ron Seigel - 02 August 2008 08:17 PM

@VisualFrames

Are you offering to do it for free or have you chosen to use this forum to SPAM your services?

Just asking....

Ah hehehe, me thinks so.

Magento Community
Magento Community

max_w

Total Posts:  3

Here is my code for migration: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5467/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community