Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

A few newb questions

TEades

Total Posts:  1

I’m working on customizing and re-skinning the default Magento interface to match the design of my site.  I have a couple of questions in an attempt to understand the design hierarchy:

1.  In any of the getChildHTML tags, where do I find what is enclosed in the single quotes?  (Like ‘content’ in

<?php echo $this->getChildHtml('content'?>
)
2.  In the default template, the product page, for instance, uses 2column-right.phtml for its skeleton.  How is it determined which skeleton is used for different sections of the site?  I know with static pages, this is determined with the “Layout” option in Magento’s backend when creating the page.  How is this determined for dynamic sections?

Thank you!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community