Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Minimum Quantities

Seurot

Total Posts:  7
Ohio

I am building an ecommerce site for a promotional company that sells products with minimum quantities.  Is there any way to get this sort of functionality as Magento is now?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Is the minimum quantity per line item? Per order?
Only for items with same attribute set?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Seurot

Ohio

It would most likely have to be per line item.  Here is an example of the type of site they want.  http://www.e2promo.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

Seurot

Ohio

Bump smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

lshatto

Total Posts:  1

I agree that the ability to set a minimum order quantity is a functionality that is becoming increasingly necessary for many of the clients that we service for different industries, like promotional advertising, printing, apparel sites, wholesalers, etc… it would be great if this were a standard option to this fantastic creation we know as Magento!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

andrewfogarty

i agree that this would be a useful feature.  the benefit of the tier pricing structure is that you can guide a customer towards specific quantities. for example 100+ 250+ 500+, the problem comes when a customer wants 372 of a product, sure it falls in the 250 bracket, but if an item is custom, the production cost to you differs, and would ultimately affect your margin.

it would be nice to have set quantity options, without having to have a product duplicated 3 or more times as product A, QTY 100, Product A, Qty 250, Product A Qty 500.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ashanholt

Total Posts:  33

I also would be very interested in hearing about this feature. I have a client now which I am considering bringing to Magento, but they have a product that must not be sold in groups of less than a dozen, for various reasons. I will stay tuned!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

ashanholt

Total Posts:  33

Thank you for the quick response. I will definitely have a look in that direction. Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

LunexLtd

Total Posts:  6

varienchris - 19 December 2007 02:21 PM

If I understand correctly, the newest release of Magento has the features you are looking for.

You can set tier prices for a product, assigning the quantities for each tier, which has been in Magento for a little while now.

A newer feature, released as part of the inventory management in ver. 0.6.14100, is the ability to set the minimum quantity allowed in shopping cart, either as a default for the site, or per product.

Hi’ I’m setting up a site for a wholesaler and the tiers and minimum quantity features are not really the solution I am looking for.

I want to set quantity groups such as carton of product x or pallet of product x and would like to be able to set pricing and minimum quantities for each line so that widget x has the option to be sold individually or only in cartons of 20 or pallets of 200.

The solution you provide only lets you do this once. if a customer orders 21 widgets magento currently does not say “sorry you are currently only allowed to purchasse this product in cartons of 20. Please either order 40 or cut the quantity back to 20.

I’d like to do that with pallets too.

Is this something that can be added to Magento core?

Magento Community
Magento Community

978bobs

Total Posts:  44

Until we get units of measure here is a suggested workaround:

Create several SKUs for the product in question with one each for EACH, CARTON, PALLET.  Then show them as a grouped product.  The item name will need to include the unit of measure.

for example

Product Name:  Bolt (each) Price = $0.10
Product Name:  Bolt (100 pack) Price = $ 9.00
Product Name:  Bolt (Case -Qty: 1000) Price = $80.00

each one is priced differently and has no tier price at the item level, but the pricing follows depending on what you purchase.

Magento Community
Magento Community

LunexLtd

Total Posts:  6

978bobs - 05 February 2009 05:03 AM

Until we get units of measure here is a suggested workaround:

Create several SKUs for the product in question with one each for EACH, CARTON, PALLET.  Then show them as a grouped product.  The item name will need to include the unit of measure.

for example

Product Name:  Bolt (each) Price = $0.10
Product Name:  Bolt (100 pack) Price = $ 9.00
Product Name:  Bolt (Case -Qty: 1000) Price = $80.00

each one is priced differently and has no tier price at the item level, but the pricing follows depending on what you purchase.

Hi thanks for that. It’s what i am doing right now.

The only thing is that it means three times the work for me as I have to create a carton and pallet SKU for every product. Time consuming and tedious when you have hundreds of products. hmmm

I wish it was simpler than this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sean US

Total Posts:  58

I am looking for a way to sell at fixed quanities while the price showing is still for one piece only.
I have products that are packed in bulk and need to be sold the way they are. Lets say, I have a pack of T-shirts and they come in a pack of 12. I need to be able to sell either, 12 or 24 or 36 or 48 pieces. Yet the product page has to show the price of one item.
How can I achieve that? Maybe with drop down boxes that define the packs?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jonpday

Adelaide, Australia

Hi Sean,

Did you find a solution to this?  I need similar functionality.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Magento Community
Magento Community

sean US

Total Posts:  58

Yes I did and its working. I will give you the link as soon as I find it. remind me if I dont post it in the next 24 hours

Magento Community
Magento Community

jonpday

Adelaide, Australia

Thanks Sean, were you able to find that link?

Cheers,
Jonathan

Magento Community
Magento Community

Trog

Total Posts:  1

Sean or Jonathan,

Would you mind sharing the solution you are using.

Thanks,
Trog

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2