Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

[API] product_attribute.options Usage/Problem

JKwan13

Total Posts:  63

I’m not sure I’m using this method correctly since there is no example of it in the wiki, but I think its something like this:

$options_set $client->call($session'product_attribute.options', array($attribute_id));

I’m trying to get the options set for “manufacturer” attribute of the the “Default” attribute set.

So what I did is, find the ID for the “Default” attribute set and then use product_attribute.list to find the actual attributes for “Default” attribute set.
I then found the attribute ID for the “manufacturer” attribute, and then used this and plugged it in to the above code.
Here’s the code I used:

// Find and Set attribute set id for $name
// Returns -1 if not found
function findAttributeSetID($attributeSets$name{
    $id 
= -1;
    foreach (
$attributeSets as $set{

if($set['name'== $name{
            $id 
$set['set_id'];
            break;

}
    }

return $id;
}

function findAttributeID($attributes$code{
    $id 
= -1;
    foreach(
$attributes as $a{

if($a['code'== $code{
            $id 
$a['attribute_id'];
            break;

}
    }

return $id;
}

$attributeSets 
$client->call($session'product_attribute_set.list');

$defaultID findAttributeSetID($attributeSets"Default");

$attributes $client->call($session'product_attribute.list'$defaultID);

$manufacturer_id findAttributeID($attributes"manufacturer");

if(
$manufacturer_id != -1{
    $options_set 
$client->call($session'product_attribute.options', array($manufacturer_id));

var_dump($options_set);
}
Everything up to the ‘product_attribute.options’ method works.

What I’m getting though is this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception: [SOAP-ENV:Server] Call to a member function setAttribute() on a non-object in C:\Program Files\Apache\Apache2.2\htdocs\Convert\connect.php:182 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: SoapClient->__call(’call’, Array) #1 C:\Program Files\Apache\Apache2.2\htdocs\Convert\connect.php(182): SoapClient->call(’2o2c1ell1n324dm...’, ‘product_attribu...’, Array) #2 {main} thrown in C:\Program Files\Apache\Apache2.2\htdocs\Convert\connect.php on line 182

(Note: Line 182 - is the line that calls ‘product_attribute.options’)

So I’m not sure if this is the fact that I’m using this method wrong or there a bug with the method.
It’s weird that the error message says: “Call to a member function setAttribute() on a non-object in C”.  Why am I calling a setAttribute() method when I’m trying to retrieve options and not settting them.  (I also tried a try/catch block, gives the same error message.)

Anyone have any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

clorne

Total Posts:  236
London

Did you find a solution to this?

If you didn’t, my feeling is that this method has not been set up yet or there is a bug.

You can get some very odd results if you put in different attribute_ids.  Different from the manufacturer id which I think has a default of 65.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JKwan13

Nope, didn’t find any solution.  I opened a bug report #6262 on this subject.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Killoff
Magento Team

Total Posts:  17

Fixed in 23424 rev.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cgalpin

Total Posts:  11

Killoff - 05 August 2008 12:33 AM

Fixed in 23424 rev.

I just ran into this too in 1.1.2 (although in my case the error message is “Requested attribute not found.").

I guess there is no avoiding using the last source from SVN at this point since I think I’m going to keep running into problems, but was wondering when you expected this to make a release?

thanks
charles

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dieter21

Total Posts:  51
Belgium

I fixed this problem by changing the following file:
\app\code\core\Mage\Eav\Model\Entity\Attribute\Abstract.php

Look at around line 365 for function:

protected function _getDefaultSourceModel()
{

return $this->getEntity()->getDefaultAttributeSourceModel();
}
and replace it with:
protected function _getDefaultSourceModel()
{

return 'eav/entity_attribute_source_table'
}

But one warning:
I have not tested if this change influences the functionality of other parts of magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

itognet

Total Posts:  24

Where can I write you about the extender?

I get System.OutOfMemoryException when using the Windows MagentoXtender.
I can log in. But anything else makes the exception.

It says Too many items in the combobox.
I have tried from two computers

Magento Community
Magento Community

seudo
Guru

Total Posts:  344

@JKWan13 I was able to get an attributes options via this where $attribute_id is an integer:

$options_set $client->call($session'product_attribute.options', array('attribute_id'=>$attribute_id));

Magento Community
Magento Community

JKwan13

@suedo?

Thanks for the update.  I see that you also updated the wiki for this as well.

I actually hadn’t tried it since they last fixed it, since I found a workaround for what I needed this function for.

I just tried it (v 1.1.6) with the original code I posted above and it seems to work, and your method seems to work as well.  So it seems that (at least for me) both using the “ ‘attirbute_id’ => “ or not works.

What I needed it for was to look up the id for the manufacturer, when adding products since you can’t enter using the string value.  I’m thinking I might stay with the workaround for now since the api seems so slow, and any extra calls will slow it down.

Btw my workaround was that I entered in all the attributes alphabetically, and then in my code, i just made an array of all the manufacturers (alhpabetically as well).  I then made a function to search the array for the “string” value of the manufacturer I was looking for and have it return the index on the array.  SInce the manufactuers were entered in alphabetically, the were in the same order I made my array, the index was the same.  (Note: I had to enter a false entry at the front, ( or you could just add one to the index) to get the right id for the manufacturer).

I can’t wait until they add the ability to add attributes and attibute options and manipulate attibute sets as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kullraith

Total Posts:  6

magento 1.1.6 in xtender
i clik manage products and this message pops-up

Image Attachments
error  xtender.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

j2tdesign

Total Posts:  208
France

Hello,

I am having the same problem here and I haven’t found a solution yet.
Actually, I have this error message:

Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception: [SOAP-ENV:Server] Call to a member function items() on a non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\vitalibio\data_flow\process_products.php:89 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: SoapClient->__call(’call’, Array) #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\vitalibio\data_flow\process_products.php(89): SoapClient->call(’7b0b468c9282654...’, ‘product_attribu...’, Array) #2 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\vitalibio\data_flow\process_products.php on line 89

By calling :

$attributes $data_flow->proxy->call($data_flow->sessionId'product_attribute.options', array('attribute_id'=>66));
or
$attributes $data_flow->proxy->call($data_flow->sessionId'product_attribute.options', array(66));

I tried with magento 1.1.7 and 1.1.8.

Any ideas?

If I find a workaround, I will post it here wink

Jon

Magento Community
Magento Community

Praveen Kumar Reddy

Total Posts:  7

Hi,

I am getting Access Denied message when call any webservice api methods of Magento like

$result= $client->call($session, ‘customer.list’, array());

Any suggestions/solutions would be highly appreciated.

smile

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

krazik

Total Posts:  5

Did you find a solution to this?

j2t-design - 01 December 2008 04:37 AM

Hello,

I am having the same problem here and I haven’t found a solution yet.
Actually, I have this error message:

Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception: [SOAP-ENV:Server] Call to a member function items() on a non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\vitalibio\data_flow\process_products.php:89 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: SoapClient->__call(’call’, Array) #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\vitalibio\data_flow\process_products.php(89): SoapClient->call(’7b0b468c9282654...’, ‘product_attribu...’, Array) #2 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\vitalibio\data_flow\process_products.php on line 89

By calling :

$attributes $data_flow->proxy->call($data_flow->sessionId'product_attribute.options', array('attribute_id'=>66));
or
$attributes $data_flow->proxy->call($data_flow->sessionId'product_attribute.options', array(66));

I tried with magento 1.1.7 and 1.1.8.

Any ideas?

If I find a workaround, I will post it here wink

Jon

Magento Community
Magento Community

krazik

Total Posts:  5

I fixed it for me.  Not sure if the solution is right

in app/code/community/Linux4ever/MagentoXtender/Model/Product/Attribute/Api.php

public function options($attributeId$storeID null)

{

#disabled - this doesn't work -- return Mage::getModel('magentoxtender/eav_attribute_option_api')->items($attributeId);

return parent::options($attributeId$storeID);

}

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community