Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Magento Conditionally disable dropdown boxes? 

almightyhaggis2002

Total Posts:  1

I am developing an ecommerce store and i am using Magento. I have come across a product that requires customisation.

this product is a pram that can have 2 different colours split between 3 different materials. but you can only use two of the 3 materials. so you start with a base colour that they can choose. this base colour is not optional. once the customer has selected that they have a choice of 2 different types of material. these are optional however the customer can only choose one fabric type and colour.

i have set up three attributes each of them are drop down boxes. these are base colour Canvas and Fleece. what i want is magento to disable either the canvas or the fleece dropdown box depending which is selected.

For example the customer selects a blue canvas i need the fleece dropdown box to be disabled and visa versa.

many thanks in advance guys.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michae1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

I guess you need Configrable products functionality. Check this screencast and Building Configurable Products Fast blog post for details.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community