Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Multiple warehouse support

Caleb

Total Posts:  11

MonoMachines - 17 May 2008 01:26 PM

“I know every situation is different based on the business arrangements you have with your trading partners and distributors. This is what we are exploring at the moment. I would like to see the ability to schedule exports using a profile in the DataFlow module to automate this. Even better would be direct EDI integration that is bi-directional so inventory levels can be managed easily and distributors can update pricing and products in their respective systems like PeachTree, QuickBooks, SAP, etc.”

Any luck with this?  We need the exact same type of solution.  Thanks.

Isaac

Our approach has changed somewhat since my last post. I’ve hired a Magento partner company to help us develop a solution. For our first implementation which we are working on now the goal is to take the Sales Order information from Magento and send it to PeachTree and automatically create a Sales Order in PeachTree. The first objective was to identify the customer account fields and the Sales Order fields that need to be sent to PeachTree. We did this by comparing the Magento and PeachTree sales orders and customer account information area in PeachTree.

As far as the actual implementation goes we are planning to start by creating a profile using the DataFlow module to export the data to a CSV file containing all the correct fields. Once that is working as planned we can semi-automate this using a chron job to export every 30 minutes. To fully automate it we then are planning to use multiple direct SQL queries to send data via a secure channel like SSH or a VPN to the PeachTree database on their local server.

We would love to take this project a step further and make it bi-directional so inventory levels can be managed easily and pricing and product updates in PeachTree would also be in sync with Magento. Unfortunately, we can’t afford to go this far yet. If anyone else is interesting in helping fund this project I can talk to our Magento development partner about expanding the scope and making the code available to you as well.

Cheers,

Caleb

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

corradomatt

Total Posts:  161
San Diego, CA

Hi Caleb,

This type of integration is exactly what I’ve been looking for. I develop and manage our website and handle all of our business accounting tasks through Peachtree and would love to have a bi-directional solution to keeping everything between our Peachtree and website synced.

Currently we are running on a CRE Loaded cart but we are very seriously looking into switching to Magento. The only holdup for us to make the switch at this point is the Multi-Vendor Shipping functionality that we currently have with CRE. I am looking into having someone help me develop that functionality also, since I am very new to Magento.

I will keep in touch about Peachtree integration since I think we will probably switch to Magento and will definitely want integration.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mejim707

Total Posts:  16

I too am interested in this, highly, since this is exactly what I need. Mainly I don’t mind if I can simply export from Peachtree all the required info so the csv doesn’t require any mods before it can be imported into magento using saved import profiles. I also need to export order for import into Peachtree. I am at a loss but it seems you’re half way there. How can I be of assistance to help this project along?

Magento Community
Magento Community

b2b_global

Total Posts:  1

We are using http://www.dicentral.com and very happy with the solutions.
Good Luck!
James

Caleb - 29 March 2008 07:41 AM

We are also facing this situation where we have a manufacturer with a distribution network around the country and even internationally. This means that when an order for a product is placed we have to route it to the distributor that has the rights to sell in that territory. We are exploring ways to do this using an EDI system. We make each distributor a trading partner and send them a digital invoice. Right now, this will have to be done manually. We would like to see this automated.

Each distributor installs some desktop software that pulls in the orders in an EDI format and then imports it into their accounting and inventory system like PeachTree By Sage for example. This means that Internet orders do not disrupt their workflow at all. For our EDI needs we are considering using the True Commerce Transaction Manager tool http://www.truecommerce.com/complete-solution/transaction-manager We are also looking at http://www.b2bgateway.net/index.asp as a possible solution.

I know every situation is different based on the business arrangements you have with your trading partners and distributors. This is what we are exploring at the moment. I would like to see the ability to schedule exports using a profile in the DataFlow module to automate this. Even better would be direct EDI integration that is bi-directional so inventory levels can be managed easily and distributors can update pricing and products in their respective systems like PeachTree, QuickBooks, SAP, etc.

Cheers!

Caleb
HairFlix.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

Total Posts:  25

I would love all of this as well, but i am ok starting at a simpler point, and i am wondering if anyone has a solution for this?

I have a local store, and i have a drop ship vendor. I want to first see if i have it in my store, if so i want to ship my local inventory. If not I will send it off to be dropshipped. I do have #’s for both what my store has in stock and what the dropship vendor has, but I can’t just add them together. Any ideas on how to add a second inventory field and then make one of the two first priority?

Magento Community
Magento Community

innoexts

Total Posts:  124

Multi-Warehouse by InnoExts has a wide variety of features and options to configure multiple werehouses and stock management in a required way.It provides global inventory control across multiple distribution centres;different discounts/prices on the same item depending on the depot;and also many other functions to suit a wide range of retailers’ requirements. The new version (v.1.1.0) is compatible with Magento versions 1.5.0.1; 1.5.1; 1.6.0; and 1.6.1.All updates are free of charge within 12 months.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Wyomind

Total Posts:  26

Hi,

We have just plublished a new extension a few weeks ago : Advanced inventory.

This extension allows you to manage stock in several warehouses and across all sales outlets.
You can automatically assigns to each stock item your specific delivery rules.
This also allows a single block update of stock data into your Magento database.

Regards,
The Wyomind Team.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2