Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
PDF template for invoices

PHOENIX
Guru

Total Posts:  549
Stuttgart, Germany

Currently all elements in the PDF invoice have to be coded in PHP. It would be helpful, if a PDF template (e.g. created in Illustrator with logo, address etc.) could be configured for each store view. In this PDF template the dynamic information can than be “written” by PHP. The results would look much better grin

On more thing: IRC you have to change core files in order change the PDF generation. It would be nice if this can be done in the design template folder.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

shuron

Total Posts:  58

Agree!

Magento Community
Magento Community

trigem

Total Posts:  17

Me too!!

Surely having to change core code is not a good way to do such an important thing.

Any news about it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

SoCalCreations

Total Posts:  10

A guy by the name of Clement Lavoillotte created a nice little script to change html to pdf.  It uses another freeware script by Olivier PLATHEY. Where it was published as freeware “http://www.streetpc.tk” seems to be closed, but I will attach his work here and hopefully someone or Magento can use this to create what we need.

File Attachments
pdf.zip  (File Size: 62KB - Downloads: 964)

Magento Community
Magento Community

MandS

Total Posts:  27
Columbia, SC

Any word on this from the Magento team? This is definitely a feature we’d like as we print out the PDF invoices and ship them with our orders. The default invoice it average at best, it would be handy to be able to customize these easier

Magento Community
Magento Community

mcSherpa

Total Posts:  33
Groningen

This amazes me, too. Magento is so well thought out, in every aspect. And yet you cannot define the layout and appearance of your invoices. Most customers get to see only two things: the website and the invoice. The website is customizable in the extreme. How come the invoice is just rigid code, without any parameters? Customizable invoices (storeview scope, please!) are not even on the roadmap!
Like the other contributors to this thread, I’d appreciate a message from the core team.

Magento Community
Magento Community

marcfalk

Total Posts:  87

Agree! Bring this on…

Magento Community
Magento Community

seiya

Total Posts:  85
Vienna

need it too, hope magento team say anything to this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TwilightWebDesign

Total Posts:  22

This is very important, I can’t believe this feature as been overlooked!
Hopefully Magento will implement this as soon as possible, as anyone made a feature request?

Magento Community
Magento Community

nileco

Total Posts:  79
Virginia

I’m assuming that you guys have seen this?
edit an invoice

It is not a fun task, lots of trial and error but the end result is a major improvement.

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

Being able to use Adobe Lifecycle Designer for PDF (form) creation would be ideal. This would go far beyond just the invoice, including areas where barcoding is needed or digital or printed forms need to be returned (feedback, returns requests etc.) Adobe Lifecycle Designer can add merchants in all areas of workflow.

http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/

Magento Community
Magento Community

nileco

Total Posts:  79
Virginia

J.T. - 17 February 2009 03:07 AM

Being able to sue Adobe Lifecycle Designer for PDF (form) creation would be ideal. This would go far beyond just the invoice, including areas where barcoding is needed or digital or printed forms need to be returned (feedback, returns requests etc.) Adobe Lifecycle Designer can add merchants in all areas of workflow.

http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/

grin you mean ‘USE’ Adobe Lifecycle right?  When I first read this I thought “ now how could we ‘sue’ adobe, actually win, and have that solve our problems?

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

I don’t know what you are talking about smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

alterna

Total Posts:  7

Yes, please! Magento we need to be able to edit the look and feel of Invoices and Packing Slip. Please gulp

Magento Community
Magento Community

balero

Total Posts:  170
埼玉県所沢市

alterna - 25 February 2009 05:57 PM

Yes, please! Magento we need to be able to edit the look and feel of Invoices and Packing Slip. Please gulp

What packing slip? Where is that?

Here’s our solution: Buy a rubber stamp with your company name and address, and other that says “Packing List,” and stamp the barebones invoice with those two stamps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fluvius

Total Posts:  22
Exeter, Devon, UK

Just like to add my voice to this call to allow easier editing of the PDF template.

As others have said, it’s the little details that make a lot of difference to the end customer, and well presented packing slips are a part of that.

Tony.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2