Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SERIOUS BUG WITH PAYPAL EXPRESS MODULE

00christian00

Total Posts:  87

Yeah,i know it’s bad netiquette to write with caps as it equal to shouting but this deservered it.We already lose money with this bug so it’s better anyone notice it.
I just found a serious bug in the 1.1 with the paypal express module.
Magento record both order and invoices before the paypal payment in the last version,so either the customer pays or not pays the system still report it as paid and perfectly fine.
This wasn’t like this in the previous version,I don’t know why they changed it.
Because of this we evaded some unpaid orders :(

There is some new setting or it is simply a bug?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

7th SENSE new media GmbH

Total Posts:  25
Reutlingen, Germany

This problem exists only if you select paypal express as payment method in checkout. but this (bug?!?) exist in the previous versions, too. because of this reason, i disabled the paypal express in the checkout.

app/code/core/Mage/Paypal/Model/Express.php

protected $_canUseCheckout  false;

the paypal express-button in the shopping cart stil works fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

00christian00

Total Posts:  87

I never had this issue until I upgraded to 1.1,i am sure because i did many test before and never noticed any paid invoice.
Maybe this is only triggered by certain situation,however now it’s being dealt by magento team.
Thanks for the fix,i’ll try it.Did you setup 2 paypal one standard and one express for this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

7th SENSE new media GmbH

Total Posts:  25
Reutlingen, Germany

i have noticed it with magento 1.0.19870 and don’t retry it later. i only use paypal express in the shopping cart and no standard. you can test it with the paypal sandbox (free register at https://developer.paypal.com/ )

hint: a good german instruction at http://www.kristian-buesch.de/paypal_integration/paypal_magento_shop.htm

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community