Magento Forum

No Custom Options on product page

sccr410

Total Posts:  76

I’m using 1.1

We are using the new Custom Options method of adding things like size, color, etc. I am using the default theme that comes with Magento. When you view the product on the front end of the store, there are no options for the user to choose from.

What is going on? I’ve tried re-downloading Magento and reuploading the theme files into a new theme called “new_default” - still custom options refuse to show up.

Attached image is a screenshot of the admin with all the custom options. You can then view the product here: http://www.blackarrowindianart.com/magento/leather-goods/traditional-belt-straps-by-kalifano/alligator-straps-by-kalifano.html

Image Attachments
Magento Admin.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sccr410

So anyone have an issue with custom options not displaying? I can’t do anything until this is resolved. I have no idea what else to do here, I’ve edited the templates in every which way I can think of to get this working. I’ve gotten so far on this project and might have to bail on Magento now as a result of this and would mean so much money being lost… ugh.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Boz

Total Posts:  13

Was there ever a solution to this little problem?

My Magento installation has just started to act in the exact same way.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sccr410

Reinstall, that was all I could ever figure out to do.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Boz

Total Posts:  13

Sounds good to me.

I’ve played with Magento so much since the early releases, i cant keep up with all the errors that keep arising. I now know more about Magento than i did back then (obviously), to not mess it up when i do a fresh install. Plus i will be able to update the look in a matter of minutes as i know where the file changes are.

Magento has a lot of potential, i’m never going to be put off by its complexity (its more fun that way, and you gain a greater understanding). I’ve got 2 sites up-and-coming with a Magento back-end, i’m looking forward to releasing them and reaping the benefits of Magento’s power.

Thanks for letting me know what you did anyway.

Boz

Magento Community
Magento Community

blinblin

Total Posts:  29

sccr410 - 29 August 2008 05:16 AM

Reinstall, that was all I could ever figure out to do.

OMG i got the same pb as yours, i asked for several days but no answer, the only way that i won’t to try is REINSTALL

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

@blinblin What version are you using? The other members in this thread were posting in 2008 and the files have changed quite a bit since then.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community