Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

BIG PROBLEM: Redirect Loop

jstein

Total Posts:  44

ok after trying to upgrade my store from 1.0.19870.1 to 1.1.1 ive run into numerous problems so i decided to go back with what i have until another future update. In the meantime i had everything backed up and put it all back together no problem. Now if i just tried to refresh my cache i get a redirect loop error and i have no idea how to fix it.

Please advise

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jstein

i just checked my error log and the following error shows up:

[Thu Jul 31 10:59:33 2008] [error] [client 24.188.98.110] Premature end of script headers: /home/area11/public_html/bgp/report/index.php
SoftException in Application.cpp:231: File “/home/area11/public_html/bgp/report/index.php” is writeable by group

someone please help :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

jstein

ok i just got off with my hosting company (lunarpages) and the rep told me it might be because all my folders are 777 permision. i changed the root folder permissions to 755 and now i get the following error:

Warningsimplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]Entityline 27parser error Opening and ending tag mismatchaction line 25 and reference  in /home/area11/public_html/bgp/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout/Update.php on line 276
Trace
:
#0 /home/area11/public_html/bgp/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout/Update.php(276): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, 'simplexml_load_...', '/home/area11/pu...', 276, Array)
#1 /home/area11/public_html/bgp/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout/Update.php(302): Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Update->fetchFileLayoutUpdates('fetchPackageLayoutUpdates()
#3 /home/area11/public_html/bgp/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout/Update.php(211): Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Update->merge('default')
#4 /home/area11/public_html/bgp/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(246): Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Update->load('default')
#5 /home/area11/public_html/bgp/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(205): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->loadLayoutUpdates()
#6 /home/area11/public_html/bgp/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Helper/Page.php(74): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->loadLayout()
#7 /home/area11/public_html/bgp/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/controllers/IndexController.php(26): Mage_Cms_Helper_Page->renderPage(Array, false, false)
#8 /home/area11/public_html/bgp/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(342): Mage_Cms_IndexController->indexAction(Object(Mage_Cms_IndexController), 'home')
#9 /home/area11/public_html/bgp/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(159): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch()
#10 /home/area11/public_html/bgp/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(146): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match('index')
#11 /home/area11/public_html/bgp/app/Mage.php(427): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#12 /home/area11/public_html/bgp/index.php(40): Mage::run()
#13 {main}

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community