Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I enable tier pricing for configurable products using non-static increments? 

mkd

Total Posts:  10

Maybe this has been asked before, but in the forums I could not find an answer to my specific question.

I have created 4 different Simple Products and created a Configurable Product upon their paper_dimension attribute. The paper_dimension has a value which represents the paper format, in my case the values are: A4,A3, A2 and A1.

For each of these simple products I use tier pricing. If you buy one product in A4 it will cost you 7.75, if you buy two it will cost you 5.25 per piece and so on. Each different simple products has a different tier pricing; A1 is more expensive than A4.

Now, when a customer selects the products in the store and selects A4 as dimension, the tier pricing of that specific simple product has to be used for the quantity he buys.

I cannot establish this. The configurable product does not seem to use the tier pricing of its underlying simple products.

Is there a solution to this problem?!

Additionally, as I will sell a lot of different products having the paper_dimension attribute and the tier pricing I would like to administrate these tier pricing values for each paper dimension value globally and not per product. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mkd

I would like to request attention to my previous post.

I still cannot figure out a suitable workaround to establish the situation posted.

I can however add price tiers to the configurable product, and set the related simple products to use an increment percentage/amount for their price.
This method however assumes that the price tiers of the simple products increment along a constant percentage or amount. However, this will not be the case for every situations, i.e. mine.

Could someone from Magento, or another experienced Magento user, give an explanation for the used structure of tier pricing and suggest how to establish my preferred situation.

I would not expect ‘adjust your price structure to have static increments along all variants’ is the direction Magento wants us to go to, as it is such a flexible piece of equipment!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mkd

Same issue mentioned in this post:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/1015/

Is Catalog Pricing Rules still the way to go?

Could someone from Magento say whether adjustment of tier pricing in configurable products is going to change?

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

niaxilin

Total Posts:  64
Minneapolis, Minnesota

And if you’re using multiple websites/stores, you need to have System > Config > Catalog > Price > Catalog Price Scope set to Website (instead of Global).

Warning: switching the above option timed out after 10 minutes. The site seemed to operate fine, but I can’t speak for integrity. php usage jumped to 99.9% for the time. Will try again.

And don’t forget to edit the tier_price attribute to be Website or Store.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community