Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

A few minor Magento issues

IrishC

Total Posts:  89

Hi everyone,

Having a great time customizing my Magento install for our store, but have run into a few minor front-end problems that I cant seem to get to grips with.  Sorry for bunching up my problems, but its just a few quick “how-to” type queries…

Firstly, how do the zoomed images work?  I’m unsure how to set things in the admin panel to get the start and end pictures sitting correctly, its alwayss showing my products half zoomed already.  Any tips?

How do I add Manufacturers/Brands?  I can see the drop down in the product page, but I dont know how to populate it. (And products be searched by brand?

And finally… What exactly does “Is anchor” mean or indeed do on the category admin page? smile

Thanks again, i’m sure some of you veterans can rhyme of those answers easy, so sorry for my dopeyness on such trivial matters.  smile

C

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

golles

Total Posts:  257

1) If you do this search:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/search/results/?q=product+image+zoom&eq;_lk=boards

You will find some useful threads on the image zoom

Also take a look at this thread, which has some useful general tips including images:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/4434/

2) Manufacturer etc are attributes - manage via admin>catalog>attributes>manage attributes

3) Anchor = does it appear in layered navigation

Hope this helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

IrishC

Total Posts:  89

Golles!  Thanks a lot mate.  Appreciate the help and clear and understood on all of the above now! Cheers.

I am gonna keep adding to this thread (if thats Ok with everyone) as I hit any new “head-scratching moments” in my Magento adventure.  If anyone has any tips would really be grateful…

I just had a few new thoughts…

1) Is there anyway to completely disable the Inventory/Out Of Stock feature?  I have figured out that I can disable the stock level from being decremented on a sale - but it still means I have to enter an initial (dummy) stock level.  We will only ever manually set products as out of stock (as a last resort) as we do a lot of just in time ordering from suppliers, so would be nice if it didnt matter if stock level was 0.  Our stock is handled on a seperate system.

2) Is there a setting somewhere about sending HTML emails? I just tested my first dummy sale and the emails are coming through as unrendered raw html code.  I checked the admin panel 3 times and cant see any options about this.  Maybe I am blind.  smile

Thanks!

C

Magento Community
Magento Community

golles

Total Posts:  257

1) in v1.1 - admin>system>configuration>catalog>inventory>manage stock> no

(I am not sure the implications of doing this as we have stock eneabled on all our stores - so best test it first)

2) It maybe just the email client you are using not rendering the html. To change the email to plain text go to admin>system>transactional emails>choose the template>click convert to plain text. We use standard html templates provided with magento (just customised with our store details) and they are coming through ok (we use outlook as our email client).

Hope that helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

joesixpack

Total Posts:  35

To fix the zoom issue see: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/13185/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community