Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Feed import question

Robinfly

Total Posts:  2

Hello,

I want to make a feed module which can import amazon product data to the shop. I want to get amazon’s product detail data ( include image, price, descriptions etc. ) from amazon feed just like import data to shopping.com, and stored it into Megento DB. Is it can be programmed for Magento? Sorry, since I still cann’t understand the structure of Magento clearly now, but i’m study Magento still. Megento is too cool, need more time to research it before good using. So anyone who know more about Megento please answer me!  If it can be done, have any suggestions? Thanks a lot!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

I would suggest you wait until the import/export module is released. It should help you quite a bit and we are expecting it very soon.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Robinfly

Total Posts:  2

Hi RoyRubin,

That’s very delicious to wait for this import module. Thanks for your reply!

Magento Community
Magento Community

alkarim
Guru

Total Posts:  368

hi royRubin, is the import module released yet ? thanks

and where should we going to do ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gaurav Mishra

Total Posts:  5

Any updates on this module ?

I need this module too and i am fairly new to magento. (This is my first post)

However i am pretty good in php development , Can somebody guide me to extension developer documentation ( I am lazy in reading as any other developer , So would appreciate any help in finding rigt documentation)

I guess that documentation over import/export tool will also help .

Thanks in advance , Waiting eagerly for reply

Regards
Gaurav

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gaurav Mishra

Great.

Hmm, Were can i download this extension. The installation seems to handled fine with PEAR package installer , But i am sure there must be some source code repositry or a code release for this dataflow extension

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gaurav Mishra

Also still looking for some developer documentation.

As from my previous experience with Open source development , Without a good developer documentation no Project can survive

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magegaga

Total Posts:  38

Hi Robinfly,

By using import/export module you cannot import the amazon feeds. As the feeds format of import/export module differs from magento feeds you cannot use the import/export module directly. You need to change the code.  http://magegaga.com/amazon2magento.html follow this extension, it directly imports the amazon products into magento store without any intermediate functionality. As this extension is not free, but it may save your time, to avoid writing the code from the scratch. Now you can find the extension live on MagentoConnect also.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community